Lions #1 overall pick next year

Okay yeah Malik Willis looks pretty great too

1 Like

Let’s not live on the Payton Manning kool aid on an average team . If you are an average team you need dual threat , time is proving that . If you are a superior team with lightening defense it’s ok to try with a single dimensional qb. Goffs ceiling is 3 win this year without Marvin jones and Galloday . With them it will be 5 wins. Remember we had the best wide receiver combo in nfl

Goff is a two time pro bowler and former 1OA pick. Don’t be so quick to dismiss him.

Detroit let their #1, #2 and #3 WR’s walk by the way.

But who needs WR’s when you have the NFL’s best run game … right?.. lol

1 Like

Perriman, Williams, St. Brown can replace #2 and #3 well enough one hopes. I guess the idea is Golliday was always hurt and not playing anyways so you are replacing his 2020 output and not his on-paper value.

No it’s not.

The most games in the last 5 years have been won by pocket passers over Dual threat QB’s.

More Super Bowls have been won by pocket passers too.

I’m curious on what you consider a dual threat QB. Most all QB’s in the NFL have some running abilities.

Are you wanting a Lamar Jackson type or someone like Aaron Rogers? … because Rogers really doesn’t run much anymore. He had 159 yrds rushing last year. Stafford had 112 for the record.

1 Like

Lamar Jackson is not dual threat, he is not a good passer in post season . Rodgers is exception , but he won only one super bowl . Rodgers and Big Ben move around bag make plays so they are in a way dual threat to me too.

Lol

1 Like

One thing not mentioned here…if the Lions dont end up with a top 3 pick due to a record that has them picking anywhere from 4-10: A. They have alot of draft capital to very well trade up IF there’s a QB they love, and B. Pretty much all the teams that may end up with worse records than Det, all appear to have already taken their young future QB’s this draft, thus we may very well have our pick of the top QB’s abailable by the time we pick, especialy if we’re in the 4-7 range somehow.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if you ever really watched a game of football. Lol

3 Likes

Yes I am the first to come and last to leave , lot of filim study

Watching film of SpongeBob isn’t exactly helping you I don’t think.

3 Likes

Neither of those guys are dual threat QB’s my friend. Both are pocket passers.

In 2020

Rogers had 159 rushing
Stafford had 112 yrds rushing
Big Ben ran 25 times for 11 yards last year… lol
Goff had 99 yards rushing last year.

4 Likes

You are right, in my opinion I see players who move around and make plays as dual threat qb too . I want lions to draft a different style qb #1 overall next year especially because we missed on fields this year

First time ever that someone has called Big Ben a dual threat QB and Lamar Jackson not one.

3 Likes

The Lions will be in the mix for the playoffs.
I don’t understand how all the other teams are just that much better than the Lions.
A different scheme on defense, a mean Oline, a 2x Pro Bowl QB bringing in enthusiasm, a HC that guys are going to love to play for…not sure why you think they are going to suck.

What happen in the superbowl with the best dual threat QB in the league ? Did he carry his team ?

They aren’t dual threat QBs but (not sure about Roethlisberger anymore) can escape the pressure and leave the pocket to make passing plays. Rodgers is one of the best ever at that. But Rodgers isn’t going to scramble to run but to make a big play with his arms.

Well if you want someone like Big Ben, Rogers, Brees and Stafford then Goff should be your guy.

If you want someone like Fields and Lamar Jackson then Goff definitely isn’t your guy.

1 Like

He is reaching in super bowl in a consistent base , he is not a 5 win quarterback

Without DeShaun Watson, the Texans will be picking top 3–maybe even No 1 overall. Lions, Jets, Jags will all be in the mix.