Lions 7 rd mock draft

Dont sleep on Jahan Dotson from Penn State.

The Real conubrum will be if LB Lloyd & any of the Top 5 are still there, (22-26Pick), after Wilson & Williams are long gone…Say Lloyd vs. Burks??..IMO, there are more good-to-excellent wide receivers still available then similar LB’s…Dean, Lloyd, then 2-3rd round material…I’d go for LB Lloyd in that scenario…Just sayin.

3 Likes

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYG): Aidan Hutchinson, DE/OLB, Michigan
Round 1 Pick 10 (PHI): Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 23 (PHI): Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
Round 1 Pick 24: Christian Harris, OLB/ILB, Alabama
Round 3 Pick 2 (HOU): Henry Too Too, OLB/ILB, Alabama
Round 4 Pick 11 (PHI): Bubba Bolden, FS/SS, Miami
Round 5 Pick 13 (PHI): Al Blades, CB, Miami
Round 5 Pick 19 (PHI): Chad Muma, OLB/ILB, Wyoming
Round 5 Pick 28 (PHI): Tyrus Wheat, DT, Mississippi State
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
Round 6 Pick 1: Zeveyon Furcron, OG, Southern Illinois
Round 6 Pick 23 (PHI): JT Daniels, QB, Georgia
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Demani Richardson, FS/SS, Texas A&M
Round 7 Pick 18: Jayden Daniels, QB, Arizona State
Round 7 Pick 26: Nick Starkel, QB, San Jose State

I want a WR that’s tough as Deebo Samuel. Personally, I’m not in awe of any O$U receivers. Why? They don’t play against top competition and with some many other talented players, if tough to gauge how good they will be.

I’ve been watching more and more video of Treylon Burks. There is a LOT to like with this kid. I would LOVE to see him in a Lions uniform.

2 Likes

“No competition”

1 Like

Burks is gonna go top 15 IMO…top WR…I hope teams sleep on him.

1 Like

I think I prefer Williams over Wilson given what I think the Lions most need. I think for opposing Defensive Coordinators Williams is the scariest player in this draft. His combination of being an elite deep threat AND a YAC virtuoso is pretty sweet. Both of those guys (and London) likely go before the Rams pick.

1 Like

Burks may be the wild card here in that he may displace one of those 3. There is only 1 player that if available would keep me from drafting a WR with our 2nd pick is Devin Lloyd.

1 Like

Holy 6ft vertical leap!

2 Likes

When say competition, I was referring to weekly. Big 10 doesn’t have great corners and O$U is so stacked that it’s hard to really gauge. Don’t make the same mistake like you did with Okudah is all I’m saying

Nice catch but how my receptions did Wilson have against Clemson?

4 for 47 that year when he was behind Chris Olave, Binjimen Victor, Austin Mack, and KJ Hill on the depth chart as a freshman.

He actually only had 2 for 52 against Clemson the next year too, but with what the game plan was that shouldn’t alarm anyone. Ohio State took advantage of Clemson’s pass defense with its tight ends and downfield shot games. Olave and Jameson Williams had the speed to just run past the Clemson secondary for Fields to throw it deep like he did all game, and OSU’s TEs were such a mismatch for the Clemson personnel that every underneath thing basically went to them or Trey Sermon out of the backfield. Wilson actually got behind the secondary once too that game, but there wasn’t a lot designed for him.

This is why I think Wilson is a better fit than Jameson Williams or even Olave. He’s better at everything that has to do with being a not deep threat WR, and Goff needs that. We tried getting a bunch of deep threats that didn’t pan out because Goff can’t throw it that far.

I’d also like to point out that not shown in this clip was the hurry up play we ran where Dobbins was walking into the endzone that was blown dead so they could review this.

We ended up with 3 on this possession.

Those damn refs…

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

You could have made this same argument against Marshon Lattimore, Michael Thomas and Terry McLaurin, all of whom have turned out to be good pros. Even in the SEC, high draft picks don’t face off against other high draft picks very often, there’s always projection involved.

Interesting, first time this trade was offered Lions drop one spot. I noticed after I took Ross that Pickens was still available and I would have taken him over Ross from Clemson.

Aidan Hutchinson
EDGE Michigan

trade icon

Devin Lloyd
LB Utah

David Bell
WR Purdue
Jordan Battle
S Alabama
Justyn Ross
WR Clemson

Cameron Thomas
EDGE San Diego State

John Metchie III
WR Alabama

Leo Chenal
LB Wisconsin

Obinna Eze
OT TCU

DJ Dale
DT Alabama
DeAngelo Malone
EDGE Western Kentucky

• 2023 HOU 2nd
2 Likes

I don’t know if I really agree with the conclusion that the B1G doesn’t have good corners. Ohio State plays in the B1G East. That division is about as stacked as a division as there is in college football. Plus, these Ohio State WRs are going up against Ohio State DBs daily in practice. Which is in the running for DBU. Not to mention they make the playoffs most year. Its not like MSU, UM, and Penn State are garbage at CB. They recruit athletes. I think this year, the SEC seems to have the advantage in top CBs, but I don’t think its that skewed most years.

The plan:

download (26)
download (10)

That play is 1 good example of his body control.
Here is another that caight my eye from him.
Just a shallow crossing route, but the QB throws it high and well behind Wilson.

Check out how he had to jump and turn his hips at least 90 degrees back, and still has the flexibility and awareness to get his head turned looking for where the defense is located behind him.

As he lands, his hips are now turned 180 degrees from the momentum of his twisting jump.

And… as he turns upfield… he has now turned 270 degrees… and is able to quickly get more YAC.

That type of body control… combined with his sudden acceleration… and his movement reminds me a bit of Torry Holt and perhaps Donald Driver for my comps. :eyes:
Obviously… those are lofty comps and he may not match their success in NFL… but those traits are high on my list for evaluating WRs.

2 Likes

@Nate I think PP is throwing his hat in the ring.

1 Like

I’d nominate PP as well. I like pictures almost as much as I like Magik Beanz!

4 Likes