Lions add a WR

https://x.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1755260646927610135?s=46&t=LFKEGZaCKPSswf-uVGH04A

Fairly talented guy but never been a ST contributor. Going to be an uphill battle for him but the price is right. He’s be a helluva top practice squad guy if we could sneak him on there.

4 Likes

That dude was a stud at Central Florida

Liked him as a mid round due that draft

2 Likes

Dan and AG would certainly have some experience w/ him.

Spent time with Campbell in N.O.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-sign-trequan-smith

2 Likes

He made quite a few plays during his time in NO. I’d say this is a little more than just typical roster fodder at this time of year as he has a shot at the roster if we don’t add anything significant at WR.

1 Like

A little bit of leverage for negotiations with Reynolds or DPJ perhaps. I doubt we’ll see him on the roster, if he wasn’t up to scratch for Sean Payton then it’s unlikely he’ll make the grade for Dan Campbell.

1 Like

I did too but man, he had plenty of chances in NO and never took them. I doubt he makes the roster but we’ll see.

1 Like

I don’t think he makes it either. I think Brad has really warmed up to this idea of trying to leverage new PS rules as a way to extend the roster. I think they are going to try and sneak real pros on there with those six veteran PS spots.

But you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable with the PS as those guys are much more likely to get poached and you may have to adjust on the fly.

4 Likes

45 Players Signed.
4 ERFA
6 RFA
28 UFA
7 Draft picks.

Is it march 11th yet?!

we have more like 13 i think with Smith

Im currently counting all the futures as signed until otherwise. Its all the same.
League minimum deals with no dead cap. Or little. It doesn’t matter.

Sign Language Asl GIF by Sign with Robert

Craig Reynolds, Shane Zylstra, and Chase Lucas are all ERFAs. And you have Dorsey listed as an ERFA when he is actually an RFA. Just an FYI if you want to tidy up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In practice, does Ducey get to cover Trey?

I think all of the free agents outside of Exclusive Rights Free Agents should be called NERFAs.

What are the odds at least one Lions WR misses time with injury between now and September?

I was going off of spottac. Maybt OTC has them listed differently. Will correct! Thank you.

1 Like

#1 mistake, lol. Never trust Spotrac! :rofl:

2 Likes

Updated via OTC