Lions are 1 of 11 interested in Bobby Wagner

I get it. Clever boy, you. I’m in the ‘Yep, he did it’ camp. What a shame. Many won’t have any idea who Natalie Wood even is. She’s Lana’s sister.:wink:

Mmmm….Natalie……I always dug her. Many here probably have no idea who she is/was. Too bad she was murdered. I also read about what Kirk Douglas(‘allegedly’)did to her. I’m conflicted on that one. He was a badass in Hollywood during the most badass period of the movie era. I like both of them, but the allegations-IF he actually did it-is unforgivable.
OK….Back to football shit….

I’d be OK with signing Wagner. Short term. A year or two depending on performance, of course. He has more to offer than just his on the field abilities. The Lions are getting younger, talented players for the next year or two. And after, of course. (Yup. Every year.) And while these young-uns have talent and ability, they’re going to need to learn all the other things about the game that only an experienced-along with their own experience-can teach them. Lions need defensive players. Many will be younger. Experienced players are always important to teach those young players. Especially if the older players are good at what they do. I’d rather have pro bowl caliber veterans teaching my young players then having average or below average players teach them. And we all know what below average players get you.
It would all depend on if he’d even consider coming to Detroit. I doubt it. He would probably want to use up what’s left of his talents pursuing another super bowl ring. Yeah, it’s a nice thought, but it probably isn’t going to happen.

Called his agent back and said “But . . .”

Hung up again

3 Likes

I bet Christopher Walken knows what happened

2 Likes

And the boats ‘captain’. And most of America.

Wags hates the heat. No way he’s going to Dallas.

I hope he doesn’t. I always liked Wagner as a player and I cannot stand Dallas.

2 Likes

Im sure he needed a Hart to Hart after the Switch to the #2 Hollywood girlfriend murderer after OJ

Natalie Wood was stunning. I hadn’t heard the Kirk Douglas story. Yeah a real POS if true.

1 Like

I had also never heard about the Kirk Douglas story.

OJ raised the game BY A LOT. He’s to celebrity murder what Tiger Woods was to golf.

Btw I remember watching the chase in a bar/restaurant when I was like 14. If I remember correctly it was while the Knicks vs. Rockets finals were going on. So my car once I got my license was going to be a 1988 White Ford Bronco. So I’m watching it and totally going along the shock/this is sad type of thing everyone else is expressing. Allthe meanwhile what I’m actually thinking is how fortuitous this was for me bc my car future ride was just upgraded from a junker to a novelty.

It was.

I’m a huge Olajuwon and Drexler honk and then all of a sudden its Al driving Mr. Cuban Necktie down the I-5 looking for the Real Killer with 200 of his best buddies, who were in a huge coincidence, all on duty cops.

Could he not have decapitated his ex wife during one of Jordan’s years, fer criminey’s sake??

One of the most underrated players ever. EASILY the best Center I’ve ever seen play. People attribute the 2 titles to Jordan on a hiatus, but that Rockets team would have beaten Jordan’s Bulls.

1 Like

I don’t really want to spend that miney on a 32yo Off-ball LB either…. but I felt his play was still good this past year. His D-line was pretty lousy in front of him, so that can muddy the picture a bit.

Who knows when he hits the wall… but a few LBs played well til age 35 or so.

We know, bro. That old show has been in syndication for decades for the Lions.

Totally gorgeous woman.
Definitely had the hots for her …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.