Lions - Chiefs Tailgate: Who's going?

Unfortunately I wasn’t out there long enough to try a bunch of different BBQ places. I went with a small group and we tried a bunch of the sides.

Jalapeño Cornbread, breaded mushrooms, onion rings, cheesy corn, and baked beans were all fantastic. My
Main course was some type of brisket and it was also excellent.

Couple people I work with also went to Q39 and thought it was as good or better.

1 Like

BBQ has gone world wide and you can find pretty good Q all over. That wasn’t always the case and KC BBQ was definitely a thing at one time.

2 Likes

Gates is great. Arthur Bryant is a pilgrimage type thing. Liked thise 2 the best in my times in KC.

Got on the field at Arrowhead and Kaufmann same day as it was February I think…no one around. Very very cool and WEIRD as it was so quiet.

Also weird? Outdoor concerts in February. 2020 just before no one went anywhere.

YOU MUST GO TO THE CO-LOCATED NEGRO LEAGUES MUSEUM AND AMERICAN JAZZ MUSEUM. Best part if the trip for me, tbh.

I really wanna go to this game…maybe gonna? Too soon to tell. Been an oversheduled year already after 132 days…

2 Likes

With all the Lions fans claiming to be going to this game. I wonder if there will even be any Chiefs fans in the stadium.

1 Like

I won’t be going to the KC game, but will be going to the Dallas game in Dallas if anyone else will be going.

I feel like the Tampa game is the one I’m going to make it to if I can even get to one this year. KC would be really cool, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to make that one.

1 Like

The best BBQ sauce. No sugar either, outstanding!

Still some of the best BBQ I got was some dude from Kansas city selling it on the side of the street by the beach in Puerto Rico.

2 Likes

My wife, just now.

“So you’re going to Kansas City on our 10 year anniversary.”

RIP.

3 Likes

7lkbnp

Sgt. Nate “Elias” missing the last chopper to K.C.

1 Like

Its a once in a lifetime opportunity, tell her you’ll make up for it on your 20th.

1 Like

No, no did I forget to mention WE’RE going to Kansas City for our anniversary.

5 Likes

Might still be able to make it work. No one celebrates their 10th on a Thursday anyway.

1 Like

Just the one’s planning on having an 11th anniversary.

3 Likes

Happy Wife Happy Life *

6 Likes

He’d be making up for it the rest of his life. Still might be worth it.

You best hope is Musk punches the turbo button on that AI powered robot and the John Travolta/Nick Cage Face Off technology…

Its not much of a hope, but Im a cheerbringer and problem solver.

Its that or you turn into Dr. Manhattan…how do you look in blue?

I was in KC a few weeks ago - right before the draft - for work. In Riverside and stayed a bit north of KC. Had 3 meals there and all 3 were BBQ. I will say, it was great. The burnt ends, the ribs, the pulled pork, the brisket……

Mmmmmmmmm

I will also say the new airport is about a million times better than the old airport….

1 Like

More like $700-$800 with fees.

Ticket prices are high but I’m seriously considering going. I’ll decide today or tomorrow.

But if I go I have to be back on Friday so I won’t be hanging around town long.

1 Like

Nephew just booked our hotel room and got tickets. He goes to many games at Arrowhead and knows where the best tailgates are. Being virginal ( never seen the Lions on the road ) its nice to have an experienced chaperone. Cant miss us, hes dressed Chiefs head to toe, I’ll be flashing my finest Lion gear

6 Likes

If I ordered some decent Den shirts (Lions colors of course), would you guys be down, or are you just representing with a jersey? Just an idea. Might be dumb. A way to identify one another.

3 Likes