Lions claim WR Josh Reynolds

He’s instantly our top WR. How sad is that.

1 Like

If you look at his stats in his career he is our best WR and that’s not saying much. He isn’t a one or a two but had 52 catches with a little over 600 yards last year with Goff.

1 Like

I made this point already… but worth repeating…
it was… “with Goff… Kupp… Woods… and Higbee”.
One more thing for those stats…

26% of his catches and 27% of his yards in 2020 came against 1 team.

That is NOT a typo.

In 2 games against the Seahawks and their 31st ranked pass defense (Lions were 30th BTW)… Reynolds caught 14 of his 52 passes… for 159 of his 618 yards.

In 14 other games, Reynolds had 38 catches and 459 yards… which is about 3 catches and 33 yards/game.

And 2020 was his best year.
Prior to 2020… Reynolds had a catch rate of 50%… and had 8 drops on 190 targets from 2018-2020.

Hopefully he puts up high end numbers based off of an extreme target load and then gets signed away for magic beans.

3 Likes

That would be good… but I have think Holmes is gonna break open the piggy bank this offseason and sign more qualifying UFAs than they lose.

Lions have Walker, Charles Harris, Analzone, JRM, Raymond, Reynolds, Nick Williams, and Hand as UFAs.

They probably re-sign a few of them… and add some players from outside that cancel any losses on the comp pick formula.

Hopefully he does half ass decent and we can retain him as a 4th wr…instead of using a 4th round pick on another wr.

I am all for that. I can hold off on the magic beans dad jokes for a year.

Cephus is a really good #4 IMO. I still like St. Brown in the slot. So
We need two big time outside WRs. Hopefully we can get a guy like aRob and pair him with an Olave/David Bell type. Or London or Wilson or Tolbert or Burks. I’m open minded at WR. Think there are tons of good (though no truly elite) prospects.

If he garners any level of respect by the secondary - that gives the others a better chance as well to up their game

1 Like

You’ve got skills.

1 Like

So what you are saying is he’s our #1 WR?

1 Like

Can we be honest about this and call it what it is?

A seven week audition for a roster spot next year. A low cost dart thrown at the board hoping to hit something, anything.

He benefits from having some familiarity with Goff. I don’t expect him to come in here an put up 10 for 150 or anything close in a game.

Edit to add:
It wouldn’t shock me if he’s not active for this Sunday. Just too close to game day to get a ton of work in and learn the system.

All he has to do is get open within 5 yards because we know Goff doesn’t throw further than that :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if Holmes has told Campbell about this yet?

1 Like

I’m glad you brought that up. When I read that yesterday I thought it was strange that it wasn’t Holmes who made the move.

This may shock you! I couldn’t believe my eyes. lol

2 Likes

I’ve witnessed the Rams Goff. We got the busted Goff instead lol

Haha even if the ball is intercepted, we gotta at least try a few deep shots to back the safeties off a bit and open up some room for Hock in the middle of the field. Right now teams have their entire defense within 8 yards of the LOS.

2 Likes

Good to see, but they were lucky. Goff should have thrown that 2 seconds earlier.

1 Like

Agreed, but you get lucky sometimes with deep shots, especially with pass interference. How many deep shots have we taken this year? Not many that I can remember.

1 Like