Lions coach Dan Campbell must stop losing the tactical battles with bad decisions

Well those are highly subjective. Have a way to quantify them?

If Jared just takes the sack and doesn’t fumble we’re likely in the exact same spot we would be after Badgley misses the kick. We had the number one offense going into the game. It’s hardly like completing a ten yard pass is some miracle. If you want to believe that the decision was egregious that’s fine. I don’t believe that evidence closer to the objective realm supports that, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

The bigger issue for me is where was the passion. This is the third time in 22 games that we’ve slept walk through the contest. Why?

Exactly

Our odds were like maybe 1-6 not 1-3…in that game, in that situation, against that coach and team

Yes, it would be nice to have a guy that can kick 51 yard FGs (*** Cough *** Prater **** Cough***)

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be hella stupid. You have to either kick a field goal or go for it. That should be field goal range for anyone that belongs in the NFL.

3 Likes

Take 2 Delay of games and let Fox pin them deep

Way less stupid than thinking your gonna make 4th and 9 against Bill more than 1-6 tries

2 Likes

I would have preferred we kick it as well. I just think the decision is being viewed the way it is by many due to the result of the play.

The first 4th down I agreed with going for it however a dive by Williams as the up back was not a good play call in my opinion.

The 4th & 9 decision was beyond absurd! Heck, at 4th & 5 he should have attempted the FG.

He should have attempted the FG even after the 5 yard penalty.

Horrible decision making there.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the FG only have been 50 yards?

50/51 Should be makable even for our kicker

Campbell said today that it was into the wind so he didn’t think they should try.

i do remember when the game started they did show the wind was blowing about 10 mph, so it was a bit windy

still doesn’t excuse the 4th and 9 though

1 Like

Thanks Jaded. Didn’t know about the wind.

I can actually defend that decision then but he really has to firm up his decision making coming off the Bye as we all know there have been a few head scratchers there.

I want Dan to succeed as HC but most importantly I want the Lions to succeed.

1 Like

The thing that doesn’t pass the smell test is that Campbell won’t admit that he just likes to go for it.

He says the situations just dictated it. Funny…no other coach is just forced into situations 6 times a game every game where he HAS TO go for it on 4th down. That only seems to “happen to” Dan Campbell. :roll_eyes:

He won’t own his mistakes…;…which is why you know he wont fix his coaching. He just makes excuses about how he HAS TO go for it on 4th down…at histroric rates

Yes I do.

Was it stupid?

Press 1 if Yes

Press 9 if no.

meg ryan love GIF by HULU

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

1 Like

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

Some of his decisions this year are indefensible. It is one thing to make a bad decision. It is another to repeatedly make the same bad decision.

Yes, this team isn’t ready and it needs to grow. But the coaching also needs to grow along with it.

3 Likes

I wish I would have seen the game to better judge for myself how bad the decisions were. Was the weather really that bad that they couldn’t kick a 50 yard feel goal? I mean its possible but I don’t know. We quit watching right after Goff threw a really bad interception, it was early in the game.

1 Like

It was a little over 10 mph winds

So would have been risk to a 49 yard FG

10 mph is nothing. That’s like an average day.

1 Like

Its less of a risk than going on 4th and 9

1 Like
  1. Dan Campbell needs to apologize to AO and Elliott, publicly.
  2. Dan needs to be able to sit down with his Defense as friends, as a group, and individually, alone, and find out what they think the problem is. Make no mistake, the veterans know what’s wrong.