Lions coach Dan Campbell must stop losing the tactical battles with bad decisions

So out of the 6 times the Lions went for it, how many do analytics support? Does anyone know those numbers?

The only one I’ve seen is the 4th and 9 call, and analytics say that a field goal would have made more sense, but it wasn’t a strong recommendation. Given that we were also kicking into the wind with a waiver-wire kicker, I understand the decision. And if that’s his worst call of the day, that’s really not so bad. That particular play just ended very, very badly.

Ytho GIF

1 Like

Captain Brockers - “Coach! One of the big problem on defense is I’m not playing enough, if I had more snaps I’d be the player I was in LA”

Coach Campbell - “Brock, your snaps are way down because you have been invisible the past 2 seasons. You played better in LA because you played beside Aaron Donald, who got double teamed every snap and it made things much easier for you”

Captain Brockers - "What’s for lunch in the cafeteria today Coach?

Coach Campbell - “Meatloaf”

will ferrell meatloaf GIF

2 Likes

Campbell’s decision making didn’t cost them the Patriots game.

It did cost them the Vikings game.

The other two losses, the Lions really didn’t get close enough for decision making to be a major factor.

4th and 9 is a dumb ass move for reasons beyind analytics.

1. Its a big ask for a team with limited offensive personnel…They know it. People have reactions to stress, one of them is pressing and trying to make some thing happen. One is choking, one is being demoralized by given a low possibility of success task.

2. Playing field position and punting…with your superstar punter…and likely putting the stress on Their 3rd string QB…is smart. Its the long game, not the

Happy San Diego GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

GOOOOFORRRRIIIIIIT

short term, battery leads on the nipples GWARification of decision making. Its ridiculous.

Short term decisions can have long term consequences. Playing D, stopping thrm, getting a turnover etc, much more likely than running 4th and 9 with Khalif Raymond and Tom Kennedy against a good defense. Can change the course of a game, and it did. Against us.

Guys see this and wonder if its even really being thought through,

I KNOW BECAUSE WE ALL ARE WONDERING…

So you are just throwing your guys a shit sandwich over and over and they are supposed to LUV DEM SUM GRIT???

Thats how.you lose people and the lockerroom…by repeatedly doing stupid shit. Players who do it get sat…coached who do it get Beatified…

Trash. Campbell’s in game decision making is

TRASH!

Fire Trash GIF

End of story.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.