Lions don't Love either DE at 2? More smoke/chatter

One of my old phones fried itself while I was trying to access Walter Football. Haven’t been back since.

Yep, you nailed it!

“A source close to the organization has said that if Hutchinson were on fire, Holmes wouldn’t even piss on him to put him out. We have confirmed this story with a 2nd source that was reporting on this report.”

1 Like

This place is going to be in full spaz mode from now until the draft is DONE!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

facts

2 Likes

Ikem Ekwonu OT. But move him to OG for one year. Totally a Dan pick. Mean as hell.

1 year?

then what?

Decker is signed for 3 more years… and Sewell for 4 more years.

2 Likes

maybe they know people???
just trust them.

I’m guessing this came from an interview with Sheppard that was posted online earlier this week. He was asked about Thibs and Hutch and his thoughts on them, he said something to the lines of I haven’t looked at them, not one bit. So many good DE talent in this draft and my focus is on talent in Mobile which has very good DE talent, those two aren’t the only edges in this draft.

I will focus on them later.

Above is my paraphrase and think it is somewhat close to accurate a day or two later this thread starts.

1 Like

Even I wouldn’t take Garrett Wilson at 2.

This is not the Calvin Johnson draft and Burks is not Ja’Marr Chase.

I am absolutely rooting for a trade down from 2. Especially with the amount of teams holding multiple 1st round picks. There is not much of a talent differential between the top 5 and the next 15 or so picks… so the more players you can pick, the better… and if we end up with 3 first rounders, a QB is much more in play since we could still get a top talent on D and a playmaker.

Man, you really are something. Media is different then NFL team scouts. I have said several times that mock drafts are just clickbait……and the title of the thread is smoke. I’m sorry but you are not gonna win this one with me. NFL Scouts. NFL people whose livelihoods depend on their ability to evaluate talent have access to more information, and hopefully have a better understanding then some dude sitting at home watching highlight Reels and picking up 3rd party information at best whenever he gets a chance. Also, an informed opinion says this site is questionable and has many Takes that are false……so it’s not just blindly trusting them……

he’s got an odd name so that’s one of our picks ! Ikem Ekwonu.

One of our biggest holes is consistent pass rush, so it would totally be a Lions move to not take either AH or KT who both projected to be 10+ sack a year type of players.

1 Like

Like I said in another post , we always find a way to pass on the TJ watts and Arron Donald’s of the world for the Jared David’s and ebrons trying desperately to out smart the football world.
I have no doubt that Holmes will pull a Levi with this #2 pick and will miss on what everyone else knows that hutch and thibs are the 2 best players and are blue chip guys and a pass rusher is a high priority for us. It’s just what the Lions do.
Funny thing is Holmes could draft a punter at #2 and 1/2 this place will marvel at it at this time.

1 Like

You think Holmes is worse than millen, mayhew, and Quinn combined… obviously

1 Like

Funny thing is
You’d do much better without the never-ending put downs of “1/2 this place”
Especially when it’s more like 1 or 2 guys

Is it necessary?

3 Likes

If he passes on Hutch or thibs for Willis at #2, he may be as bad, I for one don’t put Mayhew in that class. And the jury is still out for me with Holmes, I’m saying it’s more Lions like to do such a thing. For one reason or another we don’t get the TJ or Donald’s there always a reason we pass on them guys and end up with a Jared Davis or a ebron.

First most loved Patricia then now no one loved him, most loved Quinn now no one loved him. Marnelli was the same. Accountability is tuff around here. But it’s just my opinion. You don’t have to agree. I would love for Holmes to take the blue chip pass rusher I just don’t think he will. I think he reaches for Willis at 2. Not just because of him but that’s the kind of things the Lions have done through history.

27.5 Sacks 63 TFL - Donald at DT

11.5 TFL and 15.5 sacks- also had some nice pass defense film and numbers to match. This was his first/only full time year at OLB- Watt at Wisky

35.5 tfl and 19 sacks in 2.5 years at Oregon. Not great at setting the edge, not good at dropping in coverage. THIBZ- WAS THE ASSUMED #1 PICK ALL YEAR UNTIL NOBODY COULD ARGUE HE LOOKED LIKE IT…

26.5 and 17.5 from Hutch is his 2 years starting. 2020 was a lost season completely for him. Slightly better numbers and film in the pass game than Thibz, not close to Watt….

Isn’t this exactly what the Lions would want to do? Confusion at their pick, drumming up interest at QB and WR. This is all just a game to increase their trade value. It will continue.

Personally I hope we do trade down. I would be happy with any of the top two DE, as well as Karlaftis or JJ. That makes two a trade down spot.

If the Jags pick Hutchinson, the draft starts to get interesting for the Lions.

Its been a foregone conclusion for months that they would just take KT in such scenario.

I’m not so sure anymore. He seems to be sliding. Of course, as one draftnik mentioned: one good workout could change everything for KT.

The other variable is Willis. Willis moving into the top 10 is a good thing whether we want a QB or not. If a team falls in love, the Lions will net more in trade. Or they can take him.

However, what happens if the Jags take Hutch and KT starts to slide. Where does that leave the Lions? I think it opens the door to a lot of different scenarios.

3 Likes