Lions don't Love either DE at 2? More smoke/chatter

Unless Thibs is injured for the underwear olympics, he is going to destroy it. The concern about sliding will just go away.

1 Like

The one thing I was a bit surprised about was Jeremiah saying KT doesn’t have elite flexibility and he has some angle tightness.

He also has an effective shake/bull move to rock and displace offensive tackles. Thibodeaux does have some ankle tightness at the top of his rush; he isn’t an elite bender. Against the run, he easily stacks blocks vs. tackles and tight ends while locating the football. He has speed to close from the back side but his effort is spotty. Overall, Thibodeaux doesn’t have ideal flexibility, but his blend of speed and power should translate successfully at next level.

I don’t think that’s unique to the Lions fanbase. When “your” team acquires a player or coach, it’s human nature to filter out the warts and accentuate the path to success.

Of course some people will take more reserved, deeper dives into the new acquisitions and be less sanguine. Unfortunately, you have to live with us at The Den. LOL

I noticed that too… will be interesting how well he does in the 3-cone drill.

He should be on alert to spend a good deal of time practicing it… which kind of goes without saying for edge rushers as well.

I thought KT bend was elite? I am starting to see too many ref flags on this guy. Hope lions dont take him.

He will be fine at the next level. He’s more physically gifted than a lot of successful pass rushers are.

My biggest concern is that most of his sacks and pressures are because of his physical gifts. He’s just too quick for alit of OL to handle. In the NFL where everyone’s more gifted he’s going to need to develop those pass rush skills to be successful.

I think he can still do it but there’s definitely room for concern.

2 Likes

I think he’s just fallen victim to over-analysis. Happens with a few of the high profile guys every year. Bc he’s been in the top five conversation since his freshman year the degree that his game has been picked apart is far greater than most any other prospect in this draft. He’s plenty bendy IMO. Ankle tightness? Come on, DJ.

KT Will pressure the QB on the next level. It’s the rest of his game that leaves a bit to be desired. I’m confident in his future (provided good health) as a 10-14 sack guy.

2 Likes

Why do you say that?

Everything I’ve read, watched is almost to the contrary.

Fully healthy he ran a 4.67 forty at Oregon.

Many expect Ojabo, Mafe, J Johnson, and Sam Williams in the 4.52- 4.58 range. All are same size or larger men.

Looking at thibz, I don’t see him crushing the bench, nor do I expect elite 3 come.

He better hit 40” on the vertical and Crush the 10….

My bold prediction is there is a better chance he skips the combine altogether vs dominating it.

He won’t want to stand next to Ojabo in shorts and a tee shirt and get outrun abs out lifted by him.

7-10

This!!!

He’s not Clowneys size, but his lack of interest and self awareness seem to be on par.

I won’t be surprised if he refuses to work out at combine.

Just what I think.

Given the time to train, with proper coaching on techique, he’ll improve on the issues you cited.

We’ll know after the combine.

Depends.

Is Nike sponsoring or UnderArmour?

1 Like

I think that would be a mistake for him.

3 Likes

Some here are selling KT way short IMO.

2 Likes

This pretty much nails it. Most people felt Caldwell had gotten us as far as he could get us, and if we were going to take the next step we needed someone new. People tried to look at the positives of Patricia, and let his results speak for itself. His results spoke loud and clear.

Its how every hire should go. Give the guy the support he needs to be successful until he proves he can not be successful, even with your support. There is no prize for being the first person to doubt a coach and trash him.

1 Like

I agree. I think he has the highest ceiling of all of the traditional ‘high value’ positions but obviously has some red flags as well. (of note: I prefer Hutch because of his floor)

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.