Lions extend Alim McNeill

24 Likes

HEYYYY LET’S GOOOOO

god i love that this team doesn’t let their talent walk. this is a lot better than signing FAs who don’t work out

33 Likes

I’d love to know what money we’re going to use to extend Hutch, Jamo, Kerby, Gibbs, Branch, and LaPorta?

Hopefully we got a hometown discount signing him now vs. this offseason.

6 Likes

Considering the rate the cap has been moving up, I’m thinking they can thread the needle

6 Likes

I was just thinking about this earlier because Brad said something the day of the Decker trade.

I thought, “just got Montgomery done. I bet they’re going to shock the world sometime in the next couple of weeks and re-up Alim”.

That was probably five hours ago.

5 Likes

So darn glad to see this! I believes Alim will only get better for the next 3-4 years!
We are taking care of our own, GREAT to see this!

4 Likes

Great. I figured we’d extend him.

7 Likes

Just saw the same, love the move and timing.

He’s been lights out last 2 weeks. Need him to step up big time down the stretch.

9 Likes

Not only that but you did it before he was named all pro or made the pro bowl. That would add some zeroes to that deal. Now extend onwuzurike. He should be a fairly cheap extension at this point in his career.

10 Likes

Interesting to see the contract but im glad they got him locked up long term.

Other two big ones are Levi (arguably) and Barnes (Definitely)

3 Likes

Kinda shocking to see some of these bigger extensions done during the season. Glad we won’t have to worry about this in the offseason though

3 Likes

I think it’s possible too. Scary shit though.

They’re definitely prioritizing trenches

3 Likes

There was a lot of debate at what his number would be this offseason. Anything under $20m is a steal for him, I think. I wanna see these numbers!

7 Likes

WHEW - 24.5m a year

5 Likes

I didn’t think this would happen during the season, but Brad marches to his own electric guitar. Since I really have no clue about capology I don’t know what this means for the other likely suspects down the line. Maybe he can sign and make all of our budding stars happy?!!

2 Likes

Ooof

2 Likes

In that 25 Mill Ball Park, and thats at least two years fully GTD?

yeah thats a good deal.

3 Likes

Branch and LaPorta by the time their contracts come up…

Begging Season 3 GIF by PBS

7 Likes

That’s right about what @MittenSportsFan was projecting last spring.

1 Like

25 is around what guys his level are making at DT. Anything more than that would’ve been absurd

4 Likes