Lions FA Score Board & COMP PICKS

Elliott didn’t get enough to qualify… and it looks like OTC is predicting that it will take more than $2.5 million to be a part of the equation.

If Chark leaves…. his deal will cancel Sutton.
Swaggy will cancel Monty….
Brown will cancel Glasgow (assuming Brown got $3 mill or more).

And that still leaves Mosely…. with no other Lions likely to
exceed $3 million.

It would take a miracle for the Lions to get a comp pick in 2024.

1 Like

I haven’t…:laughing:

Glasgow was cut

right on… so Mosely cancels Brown….

so Board is the “hope”…… for a 7th rounder.

So Brown won’t count for us against the comp pick formula, he wasn’t paid enough.

3 Likes

^

Just sign DJ Chark back please

1 Like

We’ve lost 3 UFA’s, but only one will qualify for compensatory pick calculations and we signed 3 outside UFA’s, all of whom qualify.

Brown ($2.25M APY) won’t qualify unless he plays every offensive snap.
Elliott won’t qualify ($1.77M APY).

Nick at OTC is a little behind, but when he catches up
Moseley $6M APY will be canceled out by Swaggy $4M
Cam Sutton $11M
David Montgomery $6M

Need to cancel out Sutton and Montgomery before we will have a positive CFA and the UFA’s that are left are:

Chark - will cancel Sutton
Sudfeld - Might cancel Montgomery

These could qualify, if we don’t sign any more outside UFA’s, but most if not all will not make enough to qualify. But these are the guys that you are pinning your hopes to.

• Mike Hughes
  • Chris Board
  • Josh Woods
  • Amani O
  • Austin Bryant
  • CJ Moore
  • Justin Jackson
  • Michael Badgely
1 Like

We are not getting any comp picks unless someone hires one of our minorities to be a head coach or a GM.

1 Like

Lions are better so far but so are Bears. We saw how fast Philly put it together and Chicago is setting up to be a big ass-pain for YEARS!

I love where we are but there’s a new arms race in the NFC North. Bears are the clear threat.

We’re weaponizing ‘grit’ and exceptional play calling like the Joe Dumars Pisons did, while Chicago is stockpiling actual weapons like that period’s Lakers did.

stockpiling weapons? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

DJ Moore is good… but who else is being stockpiled?

1 Like

Herbert is an UDFA who has never had more than 129 carries in a season. The other two RB’s they signed are medirocre at best.

DJ Moore is a very good player. I don’t consider him a top 10 WR, but if I came up with a list, I’d bet he makes the top 20. Darnell Mooney has shown some potential, but he is a middling #2 until he proves otherwise, IMO. Chase Claypool showed absolutely nothing when he was traded. In Pittsburgh, he flashed potential, but also wild inconsistency.

At TE they have Cole Kmet, who is a solid player, but far from elite.

At QB they have a guy who has MILES to go to be considered an average passer. He could be the most dangerous QB in the NFL with the ball in his hands, but they will go nowhere until he progresses as a passer.

To top that off, Kmet, Mooney, and Claypool are all 2024 FA’s and I guarantee you DJ Moore is going to want a new deal next year as well.

Chicago is an afterthought at this point. Let them prove it on the field before I get even a little bit worried.

1 Like

The key to Chicago is Fields. I know everyone on here thinks he’s trash but I think that’s just the fan talking. I think he’s got a chance to be a star. He’s by far the one who worries me the most.

And while I think they’ve improved quite a bit this offseason, I also think they’ve gone about it in a really stupid way. A bunch of big-ish contracts to low-value position players, when their other guys come up for renewal at high-value positions they’re gonna have some decisions to make.

Good point about DJ Moore… he is due $20 million in 2023, and then it drops to $16 mill in 2024 and $15 mill in 2025.

He would then be a free agent at age 28.

He will almost certainly be looking for a new deal with new guarantees.

1 Like

Fields has the potential to be one of the scariest QB’s in the NFL, no doubt.

Right now though, all it is is potential. He really has yet to show much promise passing the football. Honestly, I don’t think he is very football inteligent. Seems to make a lot of the wrong decisions and holds on to the ball way too long. He takes a ton of unnecessary hits, which will lead to injury and a shorter career. I don’t think he progresses through his reads very well at all, and is quick to tuck and run without keeping his eyes down the field.

Those are some serious red flags for me.

2 Likes

Sure, but if he puts it all together he could be devastating. His rushing alone makes him a threat, as we saw last year when he wasn’t very good overall. Any improvement, even minor, makes them much better.

1 Like

No comp picks.

I’m okay with it. Going to be cutting some damn good players this fall.

1 Like

:point_up::point_up::point_up:

Completely agree.

If I was a Chicago fan… I would be livid with Poles.

They have a defensive coach…. and a QB on a rookie deal.

I would have been very aggressive to build up the offense in free agency… and gone cheap on defense.

edit to add… with Kmet hitting UFA next year… they should have either extended him now… or they should be adding a TE now in this deep free agent class.

2 Likes

Considering the market for a WR of his talents is about 25mil a year right now, I have no doubt he will holdout for a new deal next season with only a little over 1mil in guarantees left on his current contract.

With the cap exploding, starting next season, he may even want more than 25mil AAV.

1 Like

Can’t help but root for him, except for the part where he’s a Bear.

Wish he was with the Jets instead of the Bears.

The Broncos and Panthers screwed up, they were the ones that should have taken him back then. Denver wouldn’t have hemorrhaged all their picks trading for Russ and then Payton, and the Panthers wouldn’t still be on the lookout for a QB.