Lions fire Head Athletic Trainer

Interesting…Wonder why?

Oh, there has to be some juicy reasons here…

Hasn’t been with the team long.

Whoa, that’s interesting. I wonder what happened

Well, I guess Coach Campbell is decisive.

A communication problem with the trainer, I would take to mean the coaching staff not understanding how hurt a player was, or having the wrong ideas about a player’s availability, and making plans based on that, because they hadn’t heard differently from the training staff. Just speculation.

3 Likes

The last person I would not want to communicate with or BS with would be Dan Campbell.

That actually kind of sucks because I’m sure there’s a lot that goes into that job title. At the same time, if it was a problem starting to stick out like a sore thumb I respect him doing it now than trying to ride it out. When you know, you know.

2 Likes

I wish my boss at work had more Dan Campbell in him. Instead he spends time making excuses for people and allowing and accepting them doing a poor job. He even makes comments about knowing he cant trust certain employees, knows there is embellishing going on, and talks big about “potential changes” and then just allows it to keep happening. Full blown head in the sand syndrome. He wants to put off making a decision in hopes the problems go away, and instead it just gets worse.

2 Likes

I had a boss who used to say “problems are not like fine wine. They do not get better with age.”

3 Likes

Some people know the right thing to do but lack the leadership to do it.

1 Like

Had a guy ask me if I was firing him once, because I wasn’t using him on my next home that I was building. I looked him in the eye and said, “Jim, I have never fired anyone, people fire themselves.” End of conversation, he knew.

5 Likes

Used to own a plumbing business. Had to fire some of my good friends. Not fun but like you said they fired themselves.

3 Likes

Jim was my plumber and I was building the next home right next door. His competition was doing the ground work when he confronted me. It was the very reason he fired himself, he threw his material in the hole and didn’t come back for four days. Nobody likes framing w/o a poured floor and the concrete guys hate pouring the floor after the deck is on unless it’s winter and you have to so you can button it up for heat. It’s all about everyone working together to stay on schedule and not screwing the next guy.

1 Like

Exactly! Do your job. In the trades we all have to work together, coordinate. Some guys get it some don’t

1 Like

Cat turds buried in the litter box don’t just stop stinking

So, I got so good at firing people in a way that created no issues or bad will, my nickname became “The Velvet Hammer”.

Not sure I have that ability anymore.

I did have a guy almost come at me over the table though. Of course he was like the worst salesperson on the planet and had created maybe a net 800 bucks in the year he was there, chewing up 70 grand in comp.

Took me my first 2 months to shove him out the airlock because it was normally so Touchy Feely happy crappy at that place. Dude was screaming about "people’s lives, unfair, I know people "…all the normal impotent jerkoff script.

Tv Show Woman GIF by Fetish Series

2 Likes

The Velvet Hammer that’s awesome! Yep wasn’t something I looked forward to unless the guy was a real dbag.

1 Like

I could tell stories of salespeople achieving less than 800 in revenue, but that 70k is hard to top…
We had one with a 72k base and a company card. I don’t think she was around long enough to hit 70k in actual out-of-pocket for her zero dollars in sales, but it was close.

We also had a salesperson ordering doordash with her company card. Like, really, you’re having meals brought into your house and you think we’re just going to expense that?

1 Like

70k full loaded cost…bennies, taxes, blood pressure meds for me.

1 Like

Wow Door Dash!? Some people man

1 Like