Lions getting some love on NFL Radio

Listening to the opening drive and the Lions are getting some love. Talking about Goff and how good he looks. How confident the Lions offense. Talking about Dan Campbell and how a 1-6 team didn’t give up when most would. Which is a testament to how he coaches and keeps teaching and grinding.

Usually when the Lions are mentioned on NFL radio it is a quick talk and nothing more. This is a very in-depth talk. They’ve been talking about them for at least 5-6 minutes now and still talking. The Lions never get this kind of love.

18 Likes

I was amazed that we got an entire like 7 minutes on ESPN2 where they were talking us and our playoff chances.

I don’t remember this kind of media coverage in a LONG time.

7 Likes

Now they’re back on Goff and just how good he is and how they’ve seen this Goff before when he made the probowl. That Goff is having a probowl season.

Funny when everyone in the media just a few months ago had wrote Goff off and now he’s a probowler?

11 Likes

AM Radio in Cedar Rapids, IOWA, yesterday was all about the Lions and their poll question was whether the Lions would make the playoffs. The answer was an overwhelming yes.

7 Likes

Americans LOVE underdog stories. If we sneak in our bandwagon will be huge.

17 Likes

This is hudge right here, he’s talked about it preached about it, now there winning and seeing it first hand these guys believe now and will follow Dan anywhere. If wasn’t just talk they made it happen.

4 Likes

Winning sure cures all.

10 Likes

A few mentioned that the Offense was pressing to score because they knew the defense couldn’t keep a lead. Wow think that might have anything to do with Goffs turnovers?

Amazing how we win a few games and all of a sudden the experts are figuring it out.

5 Likes

Part of me wants to aggressively throw bandwagoners off the bandwagon because they have absolutely no clue about the wait that we all had to get here, but the other part of me wants to embrace it because we’re finally in a position to get bandwagoners.

I can’t decide.

But people are already piling on the bandwagon.

4 Likes

You can’t do a damn thing about it. If we win big they’re coming en masse. We are a fun team with young talent, a fast paced offense and coaches with cartoonish personalities.

Just get in the playoffs and they could blow the top off this thing. Just need that ticket.

7 Likes

It’s not hyperbole to say Goff may very well have the best footwork and mechanics of any QB in the league, add that with his cerebral acumen of decision making and reading D’s…he’s pretty good, pretty, pretty good.
Season 9 Premiere GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

4 Likes

Wow. That’s something because isn’t Iowa mostly Vikings-Bears territory?

We’re going to be in the West Des Moines area for Christmas.

1 Like

This week will be huge! It’s basically a playoff elimination game between us and the Jets as the loser is likely to miss the playoffs. They are coming off back to back losses and I expect them to bring their A game for sure especially at home.

4 Likes

I will be there Friday, 50 of us dress up like Santa Claus and get on a bus and go bar hoping. Starting at “Charlie’s Filling Station” on Grand in West Des Moines at 6pm. We’ve been asked to not come back by some of the bars, eh, some people have no sense of humor. And Des Moines is probably more KC these days, then GB and then Vikes and Bears.

1 Like

Everyone in the media was dead set that Detroit only got one #1 pick for Stafford and by taking Goff’s contract, we got the 2nd #1 pick . . . and I mean everyone in the media. It was ludicrous.

8 Likes

When I’ve been to Scheels, I’ve seen all four–KC, GB, CHI, and MINN jerseys for sale, so that doesn’t surprise me.

You people are talking like Goff didn’t flip the script or like he hasn’t blossomed into a confident QB.

It’s as though Ben Johnson didn’t say that defenses had gotten in his head.
Or that the Head Coach didn’t fire warning shots in the media.

Y’all try to frame this as though he’s been a shoe-in from the beginning.

Hogwash. Even Dave Birkett, not even 3 weeks ago, is talking draft on a podcast where he’s referring to Goff as limited.

Even one of the bigger Gofflings was “over Goff” against Green Bay.

Don’t preserve your spots on the bandwagon at the expense of abandoning your tether to reality.

I’m thrilled for where we’re at right now, but make no mistake about it, this was a reclamation project.

4 Likes

Goff was a highly regarded talent entering the NFL Draft. One can’t dismiss that. What happened in Los Angeles seems to have created, in him, a loss of confidence. A change of scenery & faith in him shown by the Lions GM & coaching staff has help restore his game. Always felt that any fair evaluation of Goff should be when the offensive talent surrounding him was upgraded.

3 Likes

They’re talking about the lions on Arizona sports talk radio as well. They’re talking about Detroit being the team nobody wants to draw in the playoffs if they get in.

2 Likes

Snead confirmed that the Rams had offers for Goff and asked Holmes if he wanted him in the trade and Holmes said yes.

I’ve always known that Goff is better than Wentz because of accuracy/ability plus durability. Wentz got a 2nd rounder I think? Rams may have been able to get 2nd or even late first for Goff but would have probably had to carry some of his salary for at least a year.

Rumor was that Sean Payton really wanted Goff but New Orleans just didn’t have the cap space or draft capital for him. Payton knew that he could win with Goff and work around his lack of mobility having an even more immobile QB in Brees.

5 Likes