Lions’ Graham Glasgow officially takes starting job from Halapoulivaati Vaitai

The D is a better environment and his best friend is Taylor Decker, enjoying who you work with impacts outcomes.

3 Likes

Resign for two more years, let big V go this year and then draft a couple more guys in the mid rounds the next year or two, plus we have Yode and Sorsdal still. Interior line will be set moving forward

4 Likes

Glasgow was supposed to be a “washed” version of his old self. That’s a player that I thought was inconsistent to begin with and wasn’t too disappointed when he left.

He now ranks right up there with Anzalone and Josh Reynolds as key FA signings in the BH era.

10 Likes

What a great signing. He is rated better than Zach Martin. Crazy stuff. Holmes killing it.

5 Likes

I would approach him with an extension and draft more interior depth. Sorsdal may end up at rg/lg next year with glasgow at the other spot. Need to draft another c/g versatile guy next year

2 Likes

I was on the get GG bandwagon early on. I believe I was the first person to mention the possibility back in Jan.

I proposed that we should trade for him and brought him up a bunch before Denver cut him loose and we snatched him up.

Glad to see him back and playing well. I suspect we will attempt to extend him as well.

I’m thinking Big V is gone.

Question is will we also bring back Jackson or look to the draft?

1 Like

Big V is gone after this season. He thought about retiring before the season and maybe he should have.

2 Likes

Big V needs to be bubble wrapped for retirement

The only thing I don’t love about it is that Glasgow can play LG, C, and RG well. Vaitai can’t.

Glasgow is going to be getting a lot more snaps. If he gets hurt, I’m not sure we have a backup C at that point. Fingers crossed that Glasgow and Ragnow can both stay healthy.

Love to see it for Glasgow though. Big fan of his ever since Quinn drafted him and was thrilled when the Lions brought him back. I didn’t think his performance in Denver represented his level of play…but I suspect it could have been bc of the injuries he dealt with himself while in Denver.

2 Likes

818e3092-be66-4aa7-a46a-9245bbcce1b6_text

3 Likes

Yes, sir! It’s been nothing short of shocking to me over the last 2 seasons, and especially this season.
They’ve mastered “next man up”. When you talk about the “Detroit Oline”, you’re talking about 9 guys that appear plug and play, and, it’s seamless.

5 Likes

That is a very good point and one I didn’t think of. Hopefully it’s not an issue, but you’re right. The hope I would have is they know what they have in Awosika and Sorsdal has already played a couple different positions, plus Jackson is coming back so between those three I’m thinking they have someone who could fill in should the shittiest of shit happen and ragnow and Glasgow both get hurt?

I am curious to see what they do with this line moving forward as Decker gets older, ragnow gets older, etc. I think they are setting themselves up to have consistent depth for years to come with one maybe two more off seasons. Although how much of that is Hank Fraley as well? I’m sure Dan Campbell knows what he wants out of his OL as well though and how to get it.

1 Like

The OL is what makes the wheels go round on this team. Gives Goff time, opens lanes for the RB’s and keeps the D off the field. It is the heart and soul, it all starts here. Really happy for GG and would like to think the guys he’s playing with have had something to do with his success as well. Every successful team leans on a certain part of their team to make it go, our OL is that for the Lions. There’s a foundation that we need to add to every year to make sure there is no weakest part of the chain.

2 Likes

Part of what Brad did in the renegotiation of Big V was to turn his final year into a void season. So this is Big V’s last year under contract. And on Big V’s end, he made it pretty clear in his offseason interviews that this was a “one last ride with the fellas” season for him. He’s done after this.

4 Likes

Ahh ok, I didn’t know that with him from the off-season, but not surprising. I just hope he’s able to end the year relatively healthy and if it’s retirement time, he’s not in a ton of pain. That dude has definitely battled

1 Like

He was an underrated pickup this offseason and he’s proven himself here. Hope he continues his success here for a long time

1 Like

It’s alot easier to be good when you play between Sewell and Ragnow. Or between Decker and Ragnow.

1 Like

I think you let J. Jackson walk if he is looking for a pay day which I am sure he will be since he is coming off a rookie deal. He has been hurt to much and well his run blocking over the years has been great his pass blocking has been avg.

I think you resign Glasgow and he is a starter at one of those OG spots.

Draft Zack Zinter from Michigan in the 3rd round or someone comparable who I would comp to Jonah Jackson and he is your other starter at OG

For sure as Rags will miss a couple games as SOP going forward it seems.

Gonna need some DT and CB action before we get to OG in the draft.

1 Like

Good, hes earned it. Big V is good when healthy but he hasn’t been healthy since probably 1996 so give me Glasgow.

4 Likes