Lions have no back up QB ? why?

Richardson’s the backup.

Detroit is looking for a high accuracy QB to come in and run the same system we are currently running.

That is definitely NOT the definition of Richardson. He would be the #3 developmental guy. You would still need your #2. That’s why Bridgewater makes perfect sense IMO.

5 Likes

Hooker was my guy until I realized his age.

But in reevaluating, if we are looking for a #2 he might be the perfect. A little older hopefully more mature and pro ready , and went to HS with Moesely and Mac McCain.

Interesting…

4 Likes

Totally agree on this. Said it earlier in the day.

The average, decent QB that garners a second contract is playing to age 35, 38. Heck, look at Henne. If he’s age 25, but he’s got the goods between his eardrums, that’s better than a Todd Marinovich any day of the week.

The question is, why haven’t we really upgraded the LB position yet? Maybe BH exploring the way to trade up for W Anderson?

Maybe, just maybe?

The two guys i wanted are gone (Heineke+Minchew). If Goff misses any significant time, i felt these two could hold it together.

Since we didnt get them, and if Goff misses significant time, no way we make the playoffs. Im thinking they draft someone 4+, take a look at camp, then decide if he has the goods, or sign someone right before camp.

Sudafed is gonna rock the house if Goff goes down.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. Last year when EVERYONE was positive we we taking a qb I LAUGHED, even poked fun at them saying Lions wouldn’t take a qb until ‘24 because I would love to see them trade whatever it takes to move to #1 and take Williams but I’m not sure anymore. I can’t tell what Holmes is going to do, this year may actually be the better year to take a QB. Number one if Richardson fell to number six no draft capital is required to move up. Number two, he could sit behind Goff for a year and receive copious amounts of coaching from an excellent staff and then after Goff wins the Super Bowl and teams are willing to pay him 50 million a year you’ve got a guy ready to walk in with a cap hit of about 10 million a year for the next few years. More than likely the OC won’t be back after next year so that year of coaching is invaluable.

In reality, I would much rather see them trade number six especially if Richardson is there because I have to believe there would be a team desperate to overpay and move up. Maybe even grab another first round pick next year to build that draft capital I was talking about in order to grab Caleb Williams next year.

Brad is looking for very handsome men

1 Like

Hooker is the best in this class. His age and draft position are exactly what makes him the perfect backup.
Who wants to pay their backup a first round salary?

1 Like

I think Sudfeld is a Free Agent.

2 Likes

Last years class was horrible.

I hope you are kidding about the Super Bowl….let’s make the playoffs and win a game before we start expecting super bowls….

If Caleb Williams is all that……then a team that has a chance to take him isn’t trading to let you take him……and if the lions were to somehow able to win the Super Bowl there is no way in hell they are moving up from last pick in the first to top 3 let alone a likely 1OA to get Williams.

They might be interested, but will Hooker even be ready for the season? I feel like his timeline is iffy, and you can’t have iffy at the backup spot - you need a guy ready to go. so they may still need another guy if they go that direction…

1 Like

I am convinced they will draft one but I don’t have any sense for where anymore!!!

We got through the whole year with Sudfeld holding down a mean tablet, :laughing:. Not to make light of it, but a lower end backup like a Brett Rypien or John Wolford might be ideal for a vet minimum one year deal. Takes the pressure off a rookie and is a cheap insurance policy.

1 Like

For sure, have you seen the hair on some of these new free agents! Super Handsome!

Well HOT DAMN you seem to have every motherfucking answer to the quiz dont ya buddy?
No shit sherlock, last years qb class was bad but that didnt stop 95% of the people here from praying for a QB in RD1. I was not one but my point was that I think the odds are better that the Lions take a QB this year than last, for the reasons I listed. But again, I would rather trade down.
Am I kidding about the super bowl? Hell no, teams have improved from much worse records than 9-8 to win a super bowl, did I say I was expecting it, no, you did, but I dont think it’s crazy to have a little hope after last year.
As for Caleb, you dont know shit, so dont spout off like you are the answer man, we’ve seen first picks traded often enough, it’s not out of the realm. As for moving up, wtf are you talking about, why you even bantering about something you already announced was impossible and could not occur so why you even tossing it around?
Bye bye sunshine.

So saying when Goff wins the Super Bowl is not expecting a Super Bowl.

Learn how to talk to people……bc right now you sound like an uneducated loud mouth.

2 Likes

Who you got risking it for that biscuit?

1 Like