Lions have picked their QBs for the senior bowl

It wasn’t a done deal in January of that year…not in here it wasn’t. It was not around the NFL either…

Like I said, if he has a good Senior bowl then his stock will rise…but as of today Jan 14th, 2022 he is viewed at a late second rounder/3rd round pick.

1 Like

I wasn’t around here then… but I remember watching combine and fully expecting Okudah to be the pick while he did his position drills.

1 Like

I’ve got him as a leader that has a HIGH likelihood of success. Not sure where he gets drafted, but I can say, if we pull the trigger on him with our Rams pick, or our 34th pick, I’d be all in on it.

2 Likes

Well… I guess I will believe it if I see it… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Again, I don’t blame you for being incredulous, but knowing what I do know it is funny. Because at the end of the day where I am getting my information is from 4 separate people. I have mentioned that I have two friends who are scouts in the NFL. I am also have friends with several other people in the NFL. So knowing what I know…its funny when the response is “Well, I knew…”.

If these cats ever want my input, I’d be happy to talk with 'em. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t care if you know 20 scouts… or what their opinions are on Willis.

QBs that have the physical talents he possesses… without major character issues… are almost certain to make a believer out of at least 1 person with the authority to draft him in the 1st round.

You are a fan, just a fan. Your opinion is jack when it comes to this…you get on here to pass the time and talk a sport you love. But your opinion is Willis is a first round talent. So you don’t care what NFL people, NFL scouts, whose careers are made on evaluation of these players, think about this player.

LOL the arrogance of people who value their own opinion too much.

Unless you are a NFL scout…LOL to you and your shortsighted take.

1 Like

While I think Willis could go in the 1st, Lamar Jackson went 32nd and he’s a better athlete and won the Heisman against much better competition. Drew Lock isn’t the athlete Willis is but has almost as strong an arm and had his success in the SEC, and he didn’t go til the 2nd. Russell Wilson, Dak, Jaime Newman, etc… All fast, strong-armed or both, no character issues, none went in the 1st. If they have glaring weaknesses - and I think Willis does - sometimes they’ll fall.

5 Likes

I agree @Thats2 …And as I said…HE COULD MOVE UP…but as of today…BEFORE THE SENIOR BOWL…he is graded as a 2nd round/3rd pick…

1 Like

Hutch
WR
Willis @34…it’s settled.
Now Holmes can sleep better for the next few months. Love it!

2 Likes

LOL?… because I don’t believe the opinion of all NFL scouts?

What if I tell you I am a real estate agent… and I have a prime piece of land for sale in south Florida? You interested??? I’m a professional… don’t doubt me for a second. :smirk:

Yahoo Fun GIF by getflexseal

1 Like

I mean, that is the part that is funny. You want him to go in the first fine…but if he is there in the 3rd…Detroit would consider taking him…if he does enough at the senior bowl.

2 Likes

I’m mostly just chilling and excited about the Lions. I’m so much more relaxed now that we have adults in the front offices.

4 Likes

Do scouts only start doing their jobs the week of the Senior Bowl???

Do those dudes really watch an entire season of games… and then drastically change their opinions when they watch a few practices and an all-star game that doesn’t allow blitzing???

Bc you aren’t an expert. No worries, I wouldn’t buy a house from you even if your profession was real estate…wouldn’t be able to trust you.

Its takes a special kind of person, and there are millions of them in this world, who reject what people with first hand knowledge of something say and say “nope, i know best”.

Keep in mind, my friends eat, sleep, dream football and spend more time on the road watching players, talking to coaches, family, teachers of prospects then they do spend time with their own families…but some guy who sits on his couch, watches tv…reads a few articles…plays madden after work…HE KNOWS MORE…why even have scouts? We should just let fans run the NFL.

My man, you are so blissfully ignorant, I am just going to ignore you now. You have not a clue what you are talking about. You have no clue what happens at the senior bowl, or what scouts do or what people think about Willis. You just have read some scouting reports, mock drafts and seen a few of his highlights and are like “yup! he is skilled, first round pick right there!”.

And to be clear…He could be a first round pick…but right now most do not think he is… The issue i am taking is your obnoxious arrogance. “My opinion trumps that of professionals”

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Oh… they are “professionals”???

Well hell… I didn’t even realize they all majored in “NFL football scouting” in college.

What universities are best known for this prestigious program?

I wish I had gone to a school that specialized in NFL draft scouting…. then I could have learned to professionally guess at what players might possibly be good.

2 Likes