Lions have to decide on Davis' fifth-year option by May 4

125dfbbb1bdf15ba7f2b4461641d7903902eca47d82a45dba756579b0164cc3d

1 Like

As we knew they wouldn’t, and now that means he’s leaving. A first round lber who has an easy alibi in just blaming the Lions. He’s not coming back to us. Unless he knows how bad he is. But I doubt we would have brought in the 157 lbers we signed this offseason unless he’s that bad.

I think he plays out his contract. The Lions do not save much cap space by cutting him. Trade maybe but a cut is unlikely.

I too think he’ll play here for the full year.

If he does that and then signs with another team for 2021, would that loss be considered in the compensatory formula? Does not taking his 5th year option affect that at all?

I’m asking for BQ…

I meant after his contract expired, although, it doesn’t surprise me when players take their ball and go home…

Straight up Davis for Reddick trade. Nothing to lose for either team and maybe a change of scenery sparks one, or both of them. Or possibly S. Thomas…although I see them being less likely to deal. If you’re more into Speed options at WR who don’t really offer much else you have a couple of options as well. A good majority of that draft class are having their fifth year options declined.