Lions hosting DT Malcom Brown

cmon, guys – you’re getting slow.
that’s…what…

3 Likes

Yeah I’d be down with that! I don’t know much about Brown but he’s been a solid player in the league since getting drafted?

I am guessing off the top of my head our DTs will be - McNeill Buggs Taylor Cominsky (is he edge or DT or both?) Brockers… I think we kept 11 DL/Edge last year?

So add brown and one of those guys gets cut. Or, an edge gets cut.

Also Levi is gonna go on IR I’m sure but he won’t be cut, but goodness knows when he comes back.

I liked Boyd a lot growing up too. I still wish LBs wore those huge neck brace things… it just made them look so bad ass!

2 Likes

My 2 cents, Brown > Brockers.

3 Likes

He said!? lol

3 Likes

Helps defend the run better?

2 Likes

Agreed, I always rocked the neck roll, but it was a different era. Linebackers that are slow can’t play in the modern NFL or in College, Boyd would never get drafted in the modern NFL. Hard for me to admit, but it’s true.

Bennie Blades would be a linebacker in the modern NFL as an example. Speed kills and these dudes are just so fast these days.

3 Likes

For sure, but in modern day football he would’ve been played differently, trained differently, maybe have bulked up to be an edge guy or something?

I think he was a true football player and whatever he lacked in athleticism he made up for in just being a really good player… different era for sure and hard to compare, I still like to think he’s have carved out a niche in the league though.

And thanks for the correction neck rolls not neck braces, I remember they made us wear those for a time in hockey, or neck pads… not nearly as cool as neck rolls. Although I did wear the football player shoulder pads for a short period of time and I thought it made me hit harder… then I saw Brendan shanahan wearing “shoulder pads” you couldn’t even call pads… so then I changed my perspective.

2 Likes

It’s one of those movies that if I come across it while channel surfing I can jump right and enjoy from almost any point.

1 Like

The smaller the better for Shanahan. That’s not what she said!

But it works with shoulder pads. haha

It does make sense though, less pads = less weight, move quicker on the ice and or field. Football players barely wear any pads in the lower body these days.

2 Likes

Haha, that makes sense!

Hockey players are also kinda crazy though too in their own particular way…

But yeah I remember switching to lighter shoulder pads and building upper body strength instead and I felt a lot better. Didn’t go that extreme but I definitely lightened up the padding. Also gave better range of motion.

And for shanahan in particular, that dude was so damn strong and tough, he was like gordie Howe on some levels I think.

Interesting football players don’t wear lower body pads as much. I’m guessing it’s for better agility/range of motion, but also you gotta be strong in those areas you aren’t padded and know how to avoid getting hit there and if you do be able to withstand it.

1 Like

OMG i agree, as a Canadian, hockey players are mostly nuts. Send me a DM to continue the hockey convo.

Back on topic, sign Malcom Brown now! What are we waiting for B. Holmes, the Eagles are coming!

1 Like

In short, Letterkenny. But DM coming your way :wink:

2 Likes

funny just for laughs GIF

1 Like

Haha I expected that reply!!

1 Like

You mean Craig Janney’s wife?

2 Likes

I remember when Metallica got SOOOO pissed off because their songs were being pirated or something on Napster.

1 Like

They should play the brown note in Ford Field every time Malcolm Brown makes a play. The stadium already looks like a toilet from the sky.

1 Like

That’s what she said!

3 Likes

Makes me laugh every time.

2 Reynolds, too.

1 Like