Lions hosting Nakobe Dean for a visit

This type of stuff is invaluable. I can watch tape on a kid all day, but don’t know this kind of stuff about them, the intangibles.

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

3 Likes

Maybe all the former players as coaches will help Davis.

2 Likes

There are going to be plenty of options at the turn, so hard to say he is the guy at this point.
I think it may present the best trade down offer we have seen in Detroit in a while.

Hey, I’m going to give the guy a break. I just got told I need recovery because I don’t like Jarrad Davis. :joy:

In all honestly, I like this staff and trust them.

3 Likes

So…the refs have to find even more clever ways to screw us?

1 Like

careful, last time we had a genius …it didn’t work out so hot–ALA Matt Patricia
wile e coyote GIF

2 Likes

If I was making the picks Dean would be sky high on my board (he along with Sauce and London/Jameson are the guys I most want to leave the draft with). I love everything about him. I’m just not sure we’ll value the position that highly, though certainly a visit is a good sign.

2 Likes

I think this is where they trade up from 32 to snatch him in mid 20s?

Maybe they have a Philly Special going for 2 firsts and a 2nd…grab Burks, Dean, Hill, Moore and Wyatt?

1 Like

I agree with your assessment on Brad’s likely positional preferences when it comes to the use of heavy draft equity. I do however think you are underestimating the teams desire to continue to add cultural cornerstones. On offense they clearly want that to be Jared. Which is kind of just how it has to be on that side. I think we’re still looking for that guy on defense and Dean strikes me as very ARSB like. I think they’d like that type of guy leading their D.

I hope we pass on him when you look at same type LB from past drafts as him they were or draft rated an picked an not have played like they should have at pick taken PASS

He never played for the Steelers.
Detroit 03-08
Seattle 09
Baltimore 10-11
Indianapolis 12-14
Arizona 15

1 Like

Dean is a 4-3 Will LBer in the NFL in my opinion

2 Likes

He’s a Justin Tuck clone in my eyes. Donald is a beast all of his own.

In recovery we call this minimizing… :thinking:

1 Like

I was thinking Steelers, it was the Ravens. Same division. Dude played a solid 15 years in the league. Staying healthy that long is hard to do.

1 Like

He has the size and speed for a WLB, so that’s probably what suits him best. Davis, maybe at MLB and Barnes at SLB.

That is a huge plus.

There are lots of studies out there that show that smarter people tend to be better at their jobs. It’s one of the best predictors out there.

This is very strange. Only one 30-visit? Is every other team in the league trying to hide their plans? Is there legitimately no interest in the guy? Even late round prospects generally get more than one visit. This doesn’t really add up to me.

8 Likes