Lions hosting Nakobe Dean for a visit

It’s interesting that they are bringing him in while also having the coaching staff run his pro day drills. If they love him, they are doing a terrible job hiding it lol.

LB and safeties fall every year in the dradt compared to the mock draft hype. The Lions could use major help at both positions

3 Likes

then there was Patricia…

I thought the same thing… does that mean he’s gonna drop? Or does it mean most teams already have seen enough and know him well enough they have him slotted in a solid specific spot on their board?

We’re what, 15 days away? Can’t wait to see the cuckoo craziness that goes down next week!!!

2 Likes

He’s not worth a pick in the first 3 rounds… that’s why

Wait… are ya referring to Dean?

Wow, that seems crazy that only one team set up a visit.

If we were allowed to bet, I’d put 1k on that he goes in the first 3 rounds

2 Likes

Seems like everyone is playing coy.

2 Likes

This is a good notes from POD. Lot of cool links. But I post this because of the Meinke article… what if the Lions took Nakobe dean at 2?? Is that a crazy thought or possibility? How much can perception and stories change over the next two weeks? “New” reports of draft boards being rearranged as information slowly gets leaked… we shall see!

Barring some unknown injury….
I’d bet every penny I have….

kris jenner win GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

2 Likes

chris farley snl GIF by Complex

3 Likes

John Candy - Nothing But Trouble if you’re wondering.

2 Likes

Didn’t Dean skip the combine too? That’s weird. I hope everyone who refuses to do combine events for no good reason falls like a rock. When I applied for college, I didn’t say well no I don’t really want to take the SAT / ACT, I’ll pass thanks. I’m really smart trust me! Look, I solved Rubik’s Cube, you don’t need no stinking ACT. Or, gee I’m not very good at English, I’ll just skip that section and do the sections I’m good at.

1 Like

He was injured

1 Like

What’s crazy about this analogy is that now colleges are going test optional and many don’t require ACT/SAT scores anymore.

You aren’t going to college to take standardized tests, you’re going to go to class and get good grades.

Just like football teams are realizing more and more that they aren’t drafting you to do combine drills, they’re drafting you to play football.

1 Like

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/football-nakobe-dean-draft-stock-faling

A pectoral strain per this article.

I know, that was my point. The slow destruction of our education system by nefarious characters for nefarious reasons. It wasn’t a perfect metaphor, but the idea of it being a standardized test at the end of a long process is the same.

3 Likes

Tell me you’re old without telling me you’re old. My parents would definitely agree with you from their retirement home, and so would their friends. That is, if you get the heck off their lawn first!

3 Likes

Helpful tip: if you xeriscape then you don’t have to tell other people to get off your lawn.

2 Likes

mad gran torino GIF
or carry enough heat…

1 Like