Lions in the 5-7 win tier?

One writer expressed his opinion as follows:

I could see it. I mean, it’s the Lions. Goff gets inured or reverts to early 2021 season Goff and they’re right there.

Holy moly, who put the giants that high?

8 Likes

I’d rather they be underrated and dangerous, rather than overrated and soft. :grin:

1 Like

What’s the difference between wildcard contenders and just miss the playoffs?

I have no problem with that prediction for the Lions, but I hope we surprise a lot of people.
they will be better than that. I have said 10-11 in other threads.

1 Like

Well that list is totally inaccurate. That some straight up BS Journalism right there. Wasn’t worth reading.

The Giants and Panthers should both be in the 5-7 win tier.

Couldn’t stand it. Had to make my own…

2 Likes

Let’s just hope nobody gets the vapors because you used the WFT’s old logo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

SB Favorites- Bills, Rams

SB Contenders- Packers, Chargers, Benglas, TB

Playoff Teams- Colts, Chiefs, Cowboys, Raiders, Vikings, Saints, Patriots, 49ers

Just miss playoffs- Ravens, Titans, Dolphins, Eagles
Commanders, Lions, Browns, Broncos

5-7 Wins- Giants, Steelers, Jets, Cardinals, Panthers

Potential #1 pick- Falcons, Bears, Seahawks, Texans, Jaguars….

#1. The Cardinals will be worse by far- They backed into the playoffs last year, and this year starting out with no D Hop, losing Edmunds, Chandler Jones, etc isn’t going to make them better. I think the Murray situation will be toxic by week 4… Rams twice, 49ers twice, Bucs, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders - feels like 8 losses right there alone?

#2. Patriots will be better- Mac Jones will take a leap forward for sure. They will be boring, but they will grind.

#3. Lions could easily take Vikes spot

#4. Titans could possibly take Chiefs spot

1 Like

Betting Lines NFL futures
Lions 6.5 wins
Giants 7.5
Rams 10.5
Pats 8.5
Jets 5.5

A few of the more interesting ones.

1 Like

I’d take the over on both the Pats and the Jets. The Jets were 4-13 last year and dramatically upgraded their roster.

The other ones are too close to call, but the Rams should benefit from weakened teams in Sea & Ariz.

The Jet’s was the most interesting to me, they absolutely are a better team but they have a tough schedule.

if we olnly get 5 !@##@@$$ wins, it may be enough for me to walk away from this team, I will be beyond pissed off !

1 Like

I’ll tell you this, I’d run so fast to take Vegas’ odds O/U Lions win 6.5 games…that BH would look like a 3 toed sloth rushing up for the Hutch pick

Oh wait, I already did, boys, this is stealing and you don’t always get such low hanging fruit from these guys

I haven’t bet on the Lions for years for obvious reasons. I will be taking this one at 6.5, I have them with 7-8 wins.

3 Likes

That’s a safe expectation, one of the things I’ve learned over the years is that seemingly every single year a perennial doormat rises from the ashes, last year it was Cincinnati, all your boys need is just manage to avoid the injury bug and I believe you’ll have a great shot at postseason

1 Like

I’m with you. I also believe the Lions will win 7-8 games.

Anything less? A disappointment.

Anything more? A winning record? Pleasantly surprising.

3 Likes

The Cardinals traded for Hollywood Brown to make Murray happy. I think the two sides will make up but I agree that they are not improved over last season.

1 Like

Last year it was free money at U 5 1/2. This year is much harder. Still lack depth in many areas and if the injury bug bites, like last year…oof