Lions in the 5-7 win tier?

Were splitting hairs and misunderstanding each other. You said 7-8 and I said Ill be disappointed with 7 or lower. 8 is my magic number snd seven is yours. Countries have gone to war for less! Either way lets hope for eight or more then all of us can just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

2 Likes

One thing your missing is ā€œdark modeā€
It will change your experience for the better, my man. Less straining on the eyes, as well as easier to read.

Oh yeahā€¦if you count injuries, especially.

2 Likes

The over/under on our win total is 6.5, Iā€™d personally put it at 7/8 but itā€™s close enough. But thatā€™s just a guideline. Could we win 12/13 if we get a couple of bounces and have good injury luck? For sure. Could we win 1/2 if Goff gets hurt and our injury luck is terrible? Yeah, we could. Thatā€™s the NFL.

2 Likes

Raises hand.

Idea Volunteer GIF

2 Likes

Word. So much better

3 Likes

Iā€™m OK with 5-7 wins. Not going to go into the street and burn a couch to show my unhappiness. I accept that this rebuild will take some timeā€“I only ask for continuous improvement. The Lions won only three games last year, just to put everything in perspective, and that was without many of their best players who were out injured (Ragnow, Hock, etc). They might have done better without the injuries, but there is no way of knowing. I want more wins, but if they have another rash of injuries to key players, five wins may look good. It would be a step up from a three win season and might look really good if they are competitive in every loss.

Looking forward to the NFL seasonā€“I havenā€™t said that is some time.

1 Like

So depending on when jamo gets active, I think the Lions offense is going to quite good. 28 points a game maybe more. I think DJ Chark will add an element, and the jamo will add another element. Goff will execute, the OL will keep him clean. Ben Johnson will be the talk of the league.

The question is whether the defense can hold opponents to less than 28. Iā€™m actually bullish (duh) on the moves Holmes has made at EVERY level of the defense. The Rams while Holmes was there, invested minimally at LB and Safety, and got great results. I think we got our later round guys at those positions that will step into their roles and produce! Just thinking and hoping

Had our team stayed even reasonably healthy last year, we would have won 5-6ā€¦mind you, thatā€™s against last yearā€™s schedule (way harder).
since our early season ineptitudeā€¦
-Healthy OL
-Competent OC
-WRs that run the proper routes
-Sun God is developed
-Not playing with 5th string DBs (healthier)

:point_up_2: :point_up_2:Just this alone, without any other changes would get us to 6 wins this year, against this yearā€™s schedule. Now consider that we are playing against THIS yearā€™s schedule, instead of last yearā€™sā€¦Iā€™m saying last yearā€™s squad, not in perfect health, but reasonableā€¦I think last yearā€™s squad would win 7, or so, against this yearā€™s scheduleā€¦now, letā€™s consider this seasonā€™s upgradesā€¦

Add in
-A year of knowing the playbook
-Chark Massive upgrade
-Elliot Very Solid Upgrade
-Draft picks
Hutch - MASSIVE upgrade
Paschel - excellent spot player that added competition and depth (likely to take snaps from Levi and Brockers)
Joseph - will be a really nice upgrade. Dude likes to create turnovers. Great size and measurable. Willing tackler. Should have 3 good-to really good Safeties
Rodriguez - I dont expect him to be a fantastic contributor in year 1, but nice depth guy and ST upgrade.

Williams - MASSIVE upgrade

We upgrade every single position group, this year. I think Mitchell will be a nice piece too.

I think they win 10. MUCH better team than last year, playing against an easier schedule.

1 Like

3 of the first 4 games are at home. Lions could start 3-1

1 Like

Isnā€™t that his mom? Or does she think he sucks too?

1 Like

28 ppg would put us top 5 last yearā€¦ just above the chargers and rams. And above the Packers and Bengals. Iā€™d say thats ratherā€¦ optimistic. Iā€™m hoping we break like 21. We score 19 last year.

1 Like

I think folks are discounting the easiness of the schedule this year. 5-7 wins with this years schedule should absolutely be a disappointment.

1. Washington
  2. Seahawks
  3. @Bears
  4. @Giants
  5. Jaguars
  6. Vikings
  7. @Jets
  8. @Panthers
  9. Bears

Thatā€™s 9 games we should be seeing as our winnable games. Which 2 would you predict we will lose to fall us back to 7 wins. And even worse, which 4 would you predict right now that we will lose to fall us back to 5 wins??

Will we probably lose some of those games that we should win?..Of course, but weā€™ll probably also win some games that we would currently see as loses. It happens every year.

But to predict 5 wins with this schedule is lunacy to me.

5 wins, with this schedule, should be setting off all kinds of alarms.

Look at our 2023 schedule, thatā€™s when things get real, and I guarantee folks will be using that as an excuse for saying that we shouldnā€™t expect much in 2023 and that 2024 will really be our season to finally make the playoffs.

2023 Schedule

Home
Green Bay
Minnesota
Chicago
Atlanta
Carolina
Denver
Las Vegas
NFC West TBD

Away
Green Bay
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City
LA Chargers
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
NFC East TBD
AFC North TBD

That is a schedule where right now I would predict 5-7 wins.

2 Likes

Hoping for a meaningful game after Halloween. After Thanksgiving is a step the right way. A game that matters in Lambeau, bliss.

3 Likes

That is a cute concept for other teams. Unfortunately it never applies to us.

2 Likes

I can see us winning 6 plus if things go our way. Might be a shit result for some teams, but for us it will continue to be a step in the right direction. Living near Charlotte, I will be at the Panthers game Christmas Eve so want us to deffo win that one lol.

Can we just have a 6 to 9 tier and eliminate all of the bickering?

Lol - where does that leave the fellas that expect 10 wins?

Cloud 9.

1 Like

Cloud 10

I actually believe between 6 and 9 wins is the range where the Lions end the season. 6 to 9 wins makes sense with this schedule. Five wins seems light, but concern about key injuries allows me to think that is possible, especially if it is Goff that gets injured. Neither Boyle nor Blough have given me any confidence that they can win in the NFL. Nine wins would not get to the playoffs, either.

Regardless of the outcome, I am less concerned by the number of wins than I am interested in seeing real improvement. I want to see Levi and Alim playing significantly better, even dominating lesser o-lines. No more blowout losses like the Philadelphia game last yearā€“being competitive in every game will show the Lions are on the right track. The Lions have already built a very promising offensive line and appears to be on the road to do the same with the d-line. That is a great start. The WR room is greatly improved and if Okudah can get healthy and live up to some of his promise, the secondary will also be greatly improved. This team is starting to come together. For the first time in decades, the Lions have the right GM, the right coach, and the right vision on how to build a team. There is another draft next year and I think the Lions will be in great shape to make a push in '23 as all the dead cap crap Quinn created will be finally be flushed from the system.

3 Likes