Lions in the 5-7 win tier?

I’d bet the house, the farm, the county on the under 6.5 wins for the Bears. I don’t see any path for that team to be anything more than a 4-5 win team. The Giants and the under are enticing too.

I think the Lions should be at 7+ but I’m not willing to bet a lot of money on it. Seems like the oddsmakers are giving the Lions some respect with that 6.5 number which is…different.

Im praying your right, been awhile since we saw 11 wins, lol

2 Likes

The two that stood out the most to me were the giants and eagles. The giants being too high and the eagles being too low.

I think they’re much more likely to win 7 games then be the 1 seed.

Neither will happen but I think Hurts leading Phi to the 1 seed has just about zero chance of happening.

I will be satisfied with 7 wins this year. I am predicting 7-8 which seems popular. In 2023 my expectations will be double digit wins and a consistent contender going forward.

2 Likes

If the Jets are down with that roster upgrade, then Saleh is on the hot seat.

Less than 8 in year two and Ill be disappointed. That is still a losing record and they’ve had enough time to build a respectable roster. They should have won 6 last year.

This is wrong because of the way that normal distributions work. With 32 teams playing 17 games, you’re virtually certain to have an average of 4 teams with fewer than 5 wins. I’m on my phone so I can’t run a simulation now, but historically that’s the way it works out: records follow a bell curve. The left tail of this bell curve is too small. Two teams need to be dropped from the 5-to-7 tier. Neither should be the Lions.

Two offseasons and 1 regular season is enough to completely blow up a roster and then have a winning record? Man I’m sure every single HC is happy you aren’t their GM haha :wink:

We won 3 games last year. There isn’t a should’ve won X amount of games. We won in week 18…do we beat the packers if they don’t sit everyone? The what if game is a bad hill to die on.

We won 3 games, if we win 7, they are doing their job and thats just the reality of the current situation. Now if year 3 doesn’t result in a winning record, I think it’s justified to have concerns.

1 Like

8 wins is not a winning record. Two years is an eternity in the nfl. 8 wins is extremely mediocre. I like both Holmes and Campbell, but the kid gloves come off in year 2. You cant have it both ways. If these guys are as awesome as everyone says, 8 wins with their schedule is not a high bar. The roster wasnt worse than the 0-16 team when they took it over. Schwartz and Mayhew got them to 6 wins by year 2. By the way that was with Stafford out most of the year. On a 16 game schedule. Sorry but 7-10 is disappointing in year 2 (barring major injuries). These guys are likable, and Im optimistic, but for the love of god, hold them accountable.

Rookie corners are struggle buses.

Zach looks to not be that good yet.

Year 3 for Saleh will be the pivot.

3 Likes

What you’re essentially doing is demanding that rookies not play like rookies.

To reach a winning record, you’ll need your 2nd-year players to take a step forward AND you’ll need your 1st year players to play like 2nd-year players.

Jamo is not likely to start.
Levi is expected to be better.
Hutch, Paschal and Houston are integral parts of our futures and are rookies.

Vegas has the O/U at 6.5, which is about right.

I’m all for accountability, but I’m also tempering my expectations with the knowledge that our young players will take their lumps as they put on their man-weight.

3 Likes

I dont disagree with anything you said, but I still don’t think 8-9 is some ridiculous bar. They really had some horrible luck last year to not be 6-11.

2 Likes

Yeah, Lions luck. Record-setting field goal after a 25-second clock being expired for 2 seconds.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In the end, we’re both seeing them as middling. 6 to 10 wins, though I’d be more surprised with 10 wins than 6.

I never said 8 wins was a winning record. Where is it that I said that?

I said expecting a winning record, in year 2, then calling it a failure if they don’t reach that, is ridiculous.

They won 3 games last year. If we won 7/8, that’s a 4/5 win improvement. How many teams do you think improve year in and year out by that many games?

If we go 3-7-10 wins in 3 years, that’s a win, success if you will

If we go 3-7-7 then you can bet DC is in the hot seat. With a win a playoff game or “he gone” type of year 4.

What you are suggesting, from what the lions came from a year and a half ago, isn’t very realistic. But that’s your right to think that.

Year 3 is the make a break year for a coach taking over a rebuild.

We should’ve won 6 games last year is a terrible hill to die on, I mentioned that before. Every team in the NFL has games lost like the Lions do. Every single year. We just don’t notice it because we aren’t invested in every play. MAYBE it happens 1 time a year to the Lions more than everyone else. Because we are the Lions.

But what doesn’t happen to every team every year is having your week 18 opponent role out a JV team. We were gifted a win, and still, it was a close game. That’s how bad our roster was last year.

We won 3 games last year, period. If the coach more than doubles that in year two, Lions will be on the rise and potential contenders in year 3. And that will be the national narrative. Not just the narrative of this Board.

1 Like

But no one is expecting a winning record. You brought that up out of the blue, it’s a straw man of your own creation.And yeah, expecting this braintrust to not lose double digit games after hag 2 years to turn over and coach an nfl roster is a hill Im willing to die on. Schwartz got 6 wins in year two with Stafford gone most of the year. He started with a worse roster than BH and DC. If they get six wins next year and youre satisfied, thats cool. Your standards are low, but 2 years is an eternity in the NFL.

My imagination??? I said 7-8 wins is a successful season. You said that’s not good enough…what am I missing?

Doesn’t that imply 9+ wins or it’s a failure??? You’ve lost me. edit I said 7-8 wins…are we really arguing over if 7 wins is a failure and 8 wins is a success?

And the lions roster last year, pre draft, rivaled the 0-16 roster. We probably had the worst roster in the league.

2 Likes

20-0 until proven otherwise baby!!

1 Like

A-hem, I can count at least one person…

2 Likes