Lions losing Todd Walsh to the Panthers

Because he isn’t on the same page as AG and hasn’t been from the beginning.

2 Likes

So when the Panthers come for #6, the price just went up.

8 Likes

They kick out ass keeping us out of the playoffs and now they are stealing our coaches.

al pacino scarface GIF

Exactly! The guy doesn’t want to be here.
Best of everything the future has to give…
and, good riddance.
I don’t know the man. I only mean, now’s the time, let anyone the doesn’t want to be part of this Super Bowl bound team, go.
But, who knows. He may have strong ties, too.
No malice. We need people who are all in. Obviously, he’s not.

2 Likes

Disappointing, but not catastrophic.

2 Likes

Nobody communicated in actual football terms with the media more than Wash. I will miss him for that alone.

It’s more than a little interesting that his decision came after AG lost out on the last HC vacancy.

2 Likes

Panthers definitely upgraded that position….

3 Likes

I think we all better get ready for a bunch of “disappointing” coaching losses as our wins start piling up. Campbell’s coaching tree will only continue to grow larger.

6 Likes

Lotta unknowns, maybe there was writing on the wall?

It’s just crazy how many ex Lions make it to the same spots. Miami, Jacksonville and now Carolina.

1 Like

Meh…not that big of a loss.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m so confused at this point, gone is Wash, gone is last years linebacker coach, gone is Pleasant, gone is Capers…

But AG is still the answer as DC!? Not trying to be rude, this is a serious question for the football lifers out there!? I’m a bit lost man.

7 Likes

Speaking of Capers…

This will be Wash’s 3rd stop with him.
2019 with the Jags
2021 with the Lions
2023 with Panthers

Regarding AG, I’m with y’all that sort of think of him as Dan’s achilles heel.

And another “oh, by the way”, Pleasant was hired back to the Rams as the Cornerback’s Coach / Passing Game Coordinator.

4 Likes

He better be because the Lions have turned over pretty much their entire defensive coaching staff the last 2 years. The only person who really seems to remain is AG. The Lions better really believe in AG because at this point they have essentially re-done the coaching staff on that side of the ball anyway.

I continue to be far more worried about this defense than 95% of people on this board. I think the overwhelming consensus is that the Lions will add a couple draft picks on D, maybe a middling FA, and boom they’ll be middle of the pack. Personally if that’s their strategy I see a defense in the bottom 3rd again with it once again ruining the season.

Hopefully DC proves me wrong again like he did last year. But this defense feels like a disaster

5 Likes

Wow that’s crazy. I felt like he left the Rams because McVay over looked him for DC. After getting let go from the Lions, I guess he took the job he could get.

Always thought he was a good technique coach. Still wondering what the story is there in Detroit…

2 Likes

I think it’s gotta be more like 20% brother, but for sure I agree, the excuse is no talent on defense, see it all the time, ok, fair enough, good reason.

But, so why did the Lions fire 4 defensive coaches in the past 18 months if it was simply a talent issue!?

2 Likes

Meh - next man up.
At the end of the day, it will all be a wash.

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

Finally someone says it!

But @Luke don’t you know? Not only does every rookie come in and make a huge impact day 1, but every high priced free agent never works out. Also, you probably don’t want to trade some of those superstar rookies for overrated proven NFL talent.

I really hope they see the opportunity to cement themselves atop the NFC North and put themselves in NFC contention for 5+ years this offseason, but I don’t think we make any kind of splash moves outside of a draft trade up because that’s just not what our philosophy is. This team badly needs a high level vet in the back 7, but I don’t think we’re going to get one.

3 Likes

Detroit sucks…that’s the story.

Great news for the Rams! We’re stoked to have him back. The secondary hasn’t been the same since he left. Like the ol saying…one mans trash is anothers treasure. Since the Rams have been far more competent on defense then the Lions. I’m far from sold Pleasant was the issue in DET.

What the actual F Panthers!

First you freeze your field so we can’t play on it, then you beat us and bounce us out of the playoffs, then you try to steal all of our coaches. Get bent MFers.

2 Likes