Lions losing Todd Walsh to the Panthers

I am in the same camp as you, write it down.

1 Like

Don’t forget releasing Baker Mayfield which cost us Jalen Carter!

1 Like

What do you mean bro, I’m being told the Lions defense is already almost complete and is already a top 10 unit in another thread. :laughing:

1 Like

Did he ever give a reason for leaving? It just seems odd that it was not for a promtion. It seemed to be all coming together with the arrival of Houston and Romeo coming back and I wanted to see the Commish get a chance without wearing that big club on his hand. Buggs made huge improvement and even Benito was making progress at the end. On the other hand the back seven seemed to regress as the season went on except for Jacobs. He may not be the most talented but he is always a max effort guy.

David Tepper is the George Costanza of vampires.

1 Like

JJ Watt is about to become our new DL coach!

But seriously, which former NFL player is it going to be?

2 Likes

I’d rather see JJ Watt come in on a 1year deal to play DT.

2 Likes

He seems like a Dan Campbell type

2 Likes

@BigNatty approved

1 Like

I’m down with KVB
ya you know me!

Only if he coaches with the contacts on.

3 Likes

Our Assistant DL Coach’s name is Cameron Davis. I know nothing about him. I would assume the job would go to him no?
Edit: I just read last year was his first year of Pro coaching. Maybe not him.

1 Like

We can get KVB just ask Jim Shorts. MCDC has to go his house and wait on the doorstep with a bottle of wine and a bundle of cash.

He’s a post game announcer for the Cardinals. We could save the wine and still get him.

OMG…

It’s going to be Brockers!

2 Likes

I hope we bring in somebody with more experience than Cam Davis. Other than his year here as an assistant he does not have an impressive resume. I don’t know maybe he is a genius. I guess we have to trust Dan to bring in the right guys.

Based on what? Because they lost a coach? Why does the defense feel like a disaster before you even see what they look like going into next season?

People continue to give AG so much shit yet his defense was vastly improved after Pleasant was let go. I don’t get all the AG hate, it’s really odd. He has his flaws but he deserves some credit for their improvement down the stretch.

I don’t know, I just feel like there’s some vast overreactions in this thread and what seems to be a disturbing lack of faith in Dan and Brad for some reason.

8 Likes

I don’t know who deserves the credit but somebody is coaching these guys up. guys like Buggs, Benito, Jacobs, Commish, Elliott, even Anzalone. These are guys off the scrap heap. Add to that a couple 6th rd picks Rodrigo and Houston. I think it’s amazing that we got the performance we did out of these guys. Let’s see what happens when we invest in some talent on this side of the ball.

8 Likes

Yeah I think there’s more to this story.

I also agree with @Thats2 that it’s not a good look. The Lions have had significant turnover on the defensive staff the last two seasons under Glenn.

Our defense stinks so changes can’t be bad but the DL out played it’s talent and I think Walsh was our best defensive coach. Heck we’ve lost our best defensive coach two years in a row now.

3 Likes

IAF is available to, well, to do anything I suppose…

1 Like

Me too.

Very concerned about our defense and seriously questioning AG as a DC.

2 Likes

it is not the Xs & Os, it’s the Jimmies and Joe

Coaching matters of course but he’s yet to be afforded competent talent in the secondary and it’s a passing league.

1 Like