Lions meet with Tua

That’s true also

2 Likes

Okay so we agree Stafford is not the issue …Should the picks be used to fix a problem or used to buy people time …time that will only be staying the same with the same results …Tua plays well and we still lose. If you are Martha and have doubts about the GM and Coach do you let them draft a QB that the new regime might not want or that does not fit what the new GM and Coach want to do ?

Both takes apply …anything that gets other teams the idea that the Lions can move down or take the QB has merit .

Or part of the solution. We have more than a decade of evidence.

He will be a cheap young QB on his rookie contract. Not an 11 year vet making 30MM.

If I’m Martha, I tell them to draft him or they WILL be gone. Then I tell them that I already paid them tens of millions of dollars to make the team better and they made it worse. So take the best talent available and make it work or take a walk. Real talk. Real expectations. Not something that has been done here in 60 yrs.

Stafford’s play does not speak to this , the opposite applies . The evidence says the team around Stafford is not good enough .

Tua at $34 Million for 3 years and red shirted in 2020 and then a QB that is a ticking time bomb is an option …I think choosing that option is horrible

If I’m Martha I let them implement the 4-5 year plan they sold her on and then pass judgment …Do your thing and be judged on it .

1 Like

Who said that? Look for a single thread where I say I want a CB.
Is this you outing yourself on making things up? I make no mention of wanting a CB, or how much they are paid. You are in your own head, talking to yourself…trying to feel good about yourself. If you can’t see it, it’s only because you dont want to.

How often do you “out yourself”?

YES! Isn’t that what the conversation you and I have been having is over? I love Matt, as a human, and as a professional. You hate him. We agree on something.

What a fan base? If I was a true fan, I’d hate the players on our team? Please explain…or was that just a cut-down.

p.s. if you were honest, you wouldn’t be able to afford to pay your internet bill, because you would have lost all of your money betting on Dallas.

You don’t even say what you mean, bro. I recognize you find humor in riling people up. You’re dishonest. #truth. Like a spoiled teenager with zero accountability. You hold others to different standards than you do yourself, always talking out the side of your mouth in the most hypocritical fashion, and just disappearing when ppl point it out.

3 Likes

Yep …sometimes this is his take …Below is not a quote but the gist

Iggy …NYL you don’t include Mahomes in your Elite category list …what a joke …

NYL…Iggy did you read what was asked of me to answer? Apparently you didn’t as the QB’s that were drafted the last 9 years were not allowed in the list

CRICKETS …from Iggy , no acknowledgement of error or not reading what was asked … Par for the course

3 Likes

Dude, Matt was literally ranked in top 3 for active streak of QBs without missing a game, plus we just signed the backup from Chi. I’d say they addressed the position. I can’t pretend to know the severity, or lack thereof) of Matt’s Back injury…We do have a great starter…and we do have a solid backup.

We do know …no pretending needed. The first injury he suffered was public knowledge , the second was as well unless his wife was lying on Instagram .

1 Like

If this is your definition of crying, are you not crying right now…literally…in this thread?

have you paid attention to offseason signings? And, which “legit backup” is going to push Matt for playing time?

Do you honestly believe that, or are you just “crying”? (by your own definition, of course)

If taking a QB buys Quinn and Patty time, why wouldn’t you be 100% against the idea?

Just extremely insecure. He wouldn’t talk to you that way at the kitchen table. He likely feels out of control in a major area of his life, and comes here for a false sense of control. It’s displaced anger, bro. The bully is always the most insecure guy in the room…EVERY…SINGLE…TIME

5 Likes

Homie, I just want the Lions to be good, or even mediocre would be wonderful at this point. If they have a chance at a Franchise QB who could make the team better for ten or 15 years ill take it. I’d rather not Quinn and Patricia waste the franchises time, but a franchise QB will outlast them either way. If they end up somehow finding success and I’m wrong, why would I care? I could give a shit about being right, I just want enjoyable Sundays.

Why do you want Tua if it buys this regime, who you hate, more time? Do you have any injury worries about Tua?

1 Like

I hope they take Tua, but Quinn is going to overreach and take a position that is not going to help win any games in 2020 yet again. So why not just take, in my opinion, the best player in the draft?

1 Like

Even if it was agreed that Tua was the best player in the draft …(which I do not share even a little bit , he’s not even the best QB )

The Million reasons listed are valid for why you avoid Tua . Tua at #35 is a whole different ball game …that’s the spot you can gamble with and go for serious injury risk players that may be Elite for whatever or amount of time they last , the upside out weighs the investment.

lol. They sold her on a 9 wins now isn’t good enough plan and turned it into a 3 win product in 2 years with no light at the end of the tunnel. A potential real franchise CB could be that light. A solid QB is a dim light and a move by a dim GM

Yes. The off season signings were the definition of WTF are we doing, and why don’t we want to be good, ever. We lost 3 of our better players from last year and kinda, maybe almost replaced them with hopefully just slightly less talent. And sorry if Chase Daniel’s corpse isn’t giving me a chubby. Dude is sufficient in a short pinch on a good team. We aren’t that. It doesn’t move the needle.

When you win 6 games, then 3 games, you have to do better than saying Chase Daniel will fix Stafford’s back and inability to win a meaningful game in a dozen years.

1 Like

Well put cub. :sunglasses:

1 Like