Lions meet with Tua

Yeah I was reading that… Your post passed mine heading the other way in cyberspace LOL

1 Like

Send out all the right signals. “See NFL! We’re interested. Trade up or you don’t get him.”
Hell, draft him Bobby! ( just don’t keep him. Trade him Eli style). I’ll take my 32 year old qb this season. All bets are off next year though.

Do you have the lotto numbers?

Staff breaks his back but you are certain his health is fine going forward.

Tua broke his hip…but you are certain he wont last.

You cant have it both ways.

I’m worried about both of them honestly. More so about Stafford as I think there is a real chance he retires early to go along with his back issues.

With his wifes health scare and his broken back…why risk more injury?

1 Like

I had the disc removed and a plastic spacer put in then fusion between L3 and L4

I can see why Romo could not go if he had that done

I have lost a lot of mobility and flexibility because of it

2 Likes

Nah, we’ve pissed away literally every single 1st round draft pick the last 25 years as we have not 1 meaningful win. Yep, some guys were good, even great, but it didn’t matter. I’m ok with taking a chance on a guy who could be special over yet another safe pick that turns into garbage.

I’ve also read Tua being loose lipped could be an issue & why I think Patricia in particular would shy away from a Tua regardless …

Then there was the sit-down interview with NFL Network before the Combine. Then there was the other conversation with NFL Network. Then there was Wednesday’s interview with the NFL Network. Then there was the first ESPN exclusive interview, then there was the second ESPN exclusive interview, then there was another ESPN exclusive interview on Wednesday.

Then there was the leak of how Tagovailoa felt and what was said during his NFL Combine interview with the Miami Dolphins.

Then there was the leak of how Tagovailoa felt and what was said during his NFL Combine interview with the Washington Redskins.

Then there were the curiously timed leaks of Tagovailoa’s progress as he rehabilitated from his hip surgery. I counted two of these before moving on — and, not shockingly, both reported positive news but lacked tangible details or evidence.

And all this stuff was interesting and cool by me, because I’m part of the media. And if Tagovailoa or his camp like getting his name out there, and like planting stories, and enjoy attention, you have certainly gotten after it with gusto, fellas!

The more the merrier.

But NFL teams are not the media. They don’t think like the media.

Whole article here https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article241703136.html

1 Like

Well little guy is it really that hard to google? Are you really that lazy? Life is hard.

I don’t hate the idea of them taking a shot with Tua, mainly because of Stafford’s age. I’d be surprised if Stafford is a Lion in Two years, so why not? Problem is these guys have a win now mandate. It might not mean anything, but if it does, they don’t really care about two years down the road, so I doubt it happens.

A Transverse Process Fracture …what Stafford had twice is not a bad back scenario .

Comparing it Tua’s injury is not relevant , not close, not comparable in any way .

I cant have it both ways ? It’s not a scenario that involves comparison …not even a little bit.
His Wife and kids are relevant but Kelly is fine and the kids and spending time is a scenario that every QB with kids has .

The Transverse Process Fracture is not an injury that has any lingering effects. If he is speared in his back by a helmet of a defender he has the same chance as Tua to suffer a Transverse Process Fracture …no more , no less …except when they land…one you would have to worry the hip dislocated again and the other not so much .

1 Like

I think taking a QB would buy them another year. Quinn hasn’t got to draft “his QB” yet. That’s the last bullet he has left in his chamber. Taking a rookie QB doesn’t really affect the Lions winning either IMO. Stafford is 9-14-1 under Patricia. They aren’t winning with him, either. The Lions played against rookie QBs, making their first starts in back to back years and couldn’t beat either one.

If they talk ownership into it It’s a possibility, I’m not sure if they’d bite on it or not. I have no idea who’s really making the decisions inside that building at this point. I can’t remember the draft being so interesting for the Lions at least since the Stafford and Suh drafts. Can’t wait to see how Quinn is going to subvert all our expectations by trading down and taking a guard, second tight end, and a linebacker from a division 4 school.

Stafford’s game against the Jets in 2018 was bad…Is this the only thing you have?

Stafford is not the reason we tied Arizona , Stafford is not the reason we are 9-14-1 with Patricia how does replacing a player with Tua have any bearing on fixing 9-14-1 when Tua would likely not be the reason we continued losing …you do not replace an engine with an engine when the transmission is the problem and expect the new engine will fix anything …Explain Iggy

1 Like

And just like that, I don’t seem like such a bad guy, do I? :grin:

You’re correct. When people say “stafford broke his back”, they have no idea what they are talking about. It’s the equivalent of breaking your baby toe and telling people your leg is broken. TP has nothing to do with the spinal cord, its like a wing of bone that protrude from the vertebra. It can make you really uncomfortable but it’s never going to put you in a wheelchair and it’s really not a big deal at all. By the Way, I like Tua as you know, and you could be right or wrong about how his hip injury plays out, but we gotta call out BS like “Stafford broke his back”, it’s really misleading.

EDIT** I missed your post with the diagram, well done.

4 Likes

The Lions aren’t winning with Stafford. Period. If their goal is to “win now” it isn’t happening with Stafford. It won’t happen with Tua if they take him this year, but it does buy the regime more time. It their goal is to be employed as long as possible then they should take a QB.

Not true.
I don’t have to want the QB, I only need someone else to want the QB. They’re not coming to our position to trump us, they’re coming to our position to trump others.

5 Likes

GiVeMeFaCtS bEcAuSe I cAnT uSe ThE gOoGlE mAcHiNe

I would love to meet that man behind the picture. Ready to have some coffee?

Agreed …actually when I wrote

It’s not true Stafford would be less likely to suffer a transverse fracture …When that occurs most times that little nub can be broken off and not available to be fractured anymore …you cant fracture what is missing or smaller as easy as someone who never suffered the fracture before.

2 Likes