Lions met with DT Adetomiwa Adebawore again

I think AA has a much better chance than Kancey of being Donald lite (though in fairness we should stop comparing every small DT to the best to ever play the game). Donald’s length for his size is one of the main things that makes him who he is, and AA is even longer. Kancey is one of the shortest-armed DTs in NFL history. Bet on that if you want - I would at a certain point - but you’re betting on a major, major outlier.

2 Likes

@Thats2 that’s fair for sure. I agree, but Donald has a lot more than Length. Speed, Power, Strength, Will, Leverage, etc he’s the perfect DT obviously that’s why he’s the best.

If he’s got his arm around his alma mater mini me… and I’m Holmes… I’m on the phone knowing Donald is almost done with his playing days. I don’t care what it takes, get Aaron Donald as a personal mentor for this kid, coach, big bro, whatever.

1 Like

I like Kancey quite a bit but to me he’s more of a situational player. I think the fact that he plays for Donald’s alma mater + he’s small is what’s causing all these comps, but I don’t think it’s a fit exactly. I think Kancey is much more similar to Ed Oliver, another short-armed DT.

Ed’s had a decent career so far but it’s gone about how you expect - good when attacking the QB, not so good when trying to hold up in the run game (Cincy did a number on him in the playoffs).

3 Likes

This is why if Carter is at 6 you take him. Don’t get caught up in the 40 time shit etc. Pop in the tape and watch. Our current locker room will keep him in check and teach him how to be a pro

1 Like

I’d love to take Carter based on his talent, he’s always been one of my top 3 prospects in this class and he’s a perfect fit for our roster. I just really don’t think our front office will do it.

I would’ve drafted Ed Oliver over Hock

2 Likes

Im in the minority here. If it wasn’t for the combine I would consider him a mid-round pick.

Right now I wouldn’t pick him before our 2 2nd rounder.

Me too, he was the guy I wanted. And we’d both be disappointed. We should have drafted Jeffrey Simmons.

1 Like

Combine + Senior Bowl. Him showing he could thrive at 3T at the Senior Bowl against the best prospects probably did more for his stock than the combine, we all knew he was gonna test well (maybe not that well). He was on the freaks list coming into the season for a reason.

1 Like

I wanted Josh Allen then Ed Oliver. Yep, Jeffrey Simmons was the right pick in hindsight

1 Like

Oliver wasn’t a pass rusher

1 Like

same thing the media is saying about Carter they said about Simmons

3 Likes

Exactly , I’m drafting both

Not quite the same. Simmons was apparently a hard worker and a coaches dream as a player and did a lot of community service and philanthropy to try and recuperate his image. And let’s be honest, he was defending his sister from some hateful shit in that video. Shouldn’t have done it obviously but he was a young hothead protecting his own.

1 Like

I think they will! Why the quote from Campbell, “We aren’t interested in choir boys. We want guys to be themselves but buy into the team. A lot of guys will test great but are not great football players”

We’ll know soon enough, but if I was a betting man I wouldn’t bet on it.

2 Likes

I will have to watch more of him. I’ve watched his highlights and two full games of his. Its still early in the process for me. I could still change my view of him.

This is just my initial impression.

The key is how much do Carter loves football? If they feel the love isn’t there, they won’t touch him

2 Likes

Yeah fair, and honestly it was pretty similar to mine when I first started watching him heavily back in December. But that was when I thought he was strictly a short edge player with inside versatility. Once he measured with 34 inch arms and dominated the Senior Bowl, I realized he was a much different evaluation as a 3T. Requires more projection for sure but that’s true of most of a ton of these guys.

One thing I noticed is that the few times they did kick him inside to play the 3T he was playing more gap control then he was attacking and that’s not his bag, but he can do it. It reminds me a little of Paschal.

1 Like