Lions met with DT Adetomiwa Adebawore again

Exactly, Northwestern didn’t do him any favors. When he’s attacking he looks like a different player. And he held up pretty well too at the POA which bodes well for his ability to make the transition.

1 Like

I totally see the projection and frankly if he’s the pick at 18(which may be a little high) I wouldn’t be mad at this point. I just really like the player. I mean I like him at 18 more than Kancey at 6 which is still insane to me.

2 Likes

Do you still take him if Wilson is the pick at #6.

1 Like

Hmmm. Probably not. Not unless he fell to 48 which I find highly unlikely.

IMO they’re going to play 2 different positions in the NFL. I’ve made this comparison before, but I see Tyree Wilson playing more of an Arik Armstead role. I think Adebawore is a straight up 3T in the NFL. That’s just how I see them of course.

Im not sure why Kancey gets lauded for his production but people think AA was invisible. AA has more tackles and only two fewer sacks.

I think it’s more the Donald comparison they both went to Pitt etc

So why do you like him he isd not as big not as fast your words an short arms by a lot an yet you like Klancey so tell us why besides the media has hyped him an ignored AA

I take AA way sooner that klancey

1 Like

If big and fast was the most important thing Mike Mumula would be a hall of famer.

I don’t know of any media hype. I only watch game tape cut ups and highlights.

Kancey is quicker, he gets off his blocks faster, he is in the backfield more.

More sacks, more qb hits, more hurries, more tfl.

Klancey is in a handful of people I would draft at #18.

Right now I would not draft Adebawore in the first round.

AA’s role was much different than Kancey’s though so you need to consider that. Kancey’s role was literally every play to go upfield and cause havoc. I brought this up earlier, but when they kicked AA inside he wasn’t being used to rush the passer, but being used more for gap control which he was still able to do at his size because he does understand leverage and knows how to take advantage of his arm length. There’s no question he’s a projection, but there’s a skill set there unlike Mike Mumula.

I have seen plenty of plays of him rushing the passer as a de. It seems he has no plan when rushing.

As Thats2 mentioned maybe he was misused and would be great as a 3T. I have just have not seen it yet, but I will be looking for examples.

I’m cool with Kancey. Watch the Pitt vs Ten game from 21-22 season. Dude has pass rush technique fa real. He strong and quick and uses his hands well. Obviously Donald comes back to the university and you see it in Kanceys game. You’ll even see the jump hop technique Donald uses in Kanceys game. It’s scary

He put some high-level plays on tape that game for sure, but it also showed the downside to him as well. There were other plays where he got utterly washed out. It wasn’t exactly one or the other but that’s sort of what it seemed like at times.

But his high-level plays are really valuable, which is why I still like him as a prospect. You just have to be aware what you’re getting.

He’s on my short list, can’t believe most of the board doesn’t feel this way

Watch cut ups of his plays strictly against the run. That’s why.

1 Like

He’s willing

And you can sign guys in free agency for that.

I think AA could be perfect 3 Tech The short arms will hurt Klancey as a pro those pro lineman are better than he faced in college He is quick but once most OLman get hands on you your quickness is stopped an you need leverage an strength I am not saying he can’t be a good pro I think media has run with the Donald comp an made him better than I think many pro teams do. Arms 30 5/8’’

Most OLine in pros are longer means you might be fast but he will have arms on you before you get to him with yours

how do those guys signed in free agency help when they are on the bench and Kancey is playing???

There are “rotational” guys for sure….,
but it is hard to put a high value on them….
and also hard to predict when the offense won’t just run it at them.

Maybe he needs to work on increasing his wingspan ha ha. Theres stretches and exercises that will help. There are basketball players with freakishly long arms not by accident. They actually work on it to give them an advantage. Maybe he can go from a t-rex to normal.

He would pair well with McNeill. Also he posted a really high run grade according to pff.