Lions Mini Camp Notes

9 Likes

We might have something in Pimpleton. Could push Raymond for a roster spot. His highlight reel from CMU is pretty impressive. Usually guys that size have hands issues. But he doesn’t seem to.

From the lions.com link above:

Catching my eye:* *Central Michigan wide receiver/returner Kalil Pimpleton stood out to me among the rookie receivers. He’s quick with terrific speed. He was nearly untouchable in a special teams tackling drill, and made a number of plays in 7-on-7s. It’s a pretty deep receiver room for the Lions, but Pimpleton is someone I’ll continue to watch closely as the rookies start practicing with the vets in OTAs. – Tim Twentyman

8 Likes

Thank you for aggregating all of that for us.

4 Likes

Is it Pimp-leton or Pimple-ton?..this should make a difference whether he can make this team or not.
We need some more Pimps, not Pimples imo.

3 Likes

Pimple-ton…

As in popping big returns.

5 Likes

Ha, the end zone is going to be his zit code. I actually think he is going to make the team. Possibly PS. Way too electric and we need playmakers.

3 Likes

It’s tough sometimes to remember all the info you read on prospects but I seem to remember pimpleton having major drop issues.

It wouldn’t be the first time I am wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t read any scouting report on him, but he’s definitely capable of making tough catches. That much was evident from his highlights. Might be a consistency thing. The other weird thing was his 40 time. He appears a lot faster than 4.7. It could just be his burst is elite.

2 Likes

Just looked at Greg Bell highlights also, after reading a couple of positive blurbs, and I can say with confidence since its May that he and Pimpleton will be All Pro.

5 Likes

Read this while eating breakfast. I hate you. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

One practice in and Pimple-ton is clearly a breakout star!

6 Likes

He was a star at CMU. He has skills and can help this team. He’s quick, more than fast. Saw him multiple times in person.

3 Likes

"you know it’s hard out here for a pimp you got a whole lot of snitches talking it…withe the Cadillac and gas money spent…got a whole lot of bitches jumping ship. sum chit like that lol.

I read he ran a 4.45.

Sorry, a 4.49.

1 Like

I love high level KR/PR. Plus, he comes form the sports Mecca of the Universe.

Can’t wait for preseason when we see the Boyle to Pimpleton connection. get on board the pus-bus

16 Likes

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

3 Likes

I’m excited to see if TE Nolan Givan will stick at all. I worked with his mom for years. With Deese and Mitchell not practicing, he has a good opportunity to fight for a spot.

3 Likes

That seems more accurate. I was looking at an RAS I found on the internet.

Hopefully he sticks around on the practice squad. He’s intriguing but can’t see him unseating Raymond. Raymond provides a lot of savy as a receiver and is completely sure handed as a returner.

2 Likes