Lions Mini Camp Notes

He had 48 receptions for 576 yards last year. For his effort he was given a 2 year contract. People underestimate what Raymond does for the team.

4 Likes

I agree the Lions like Raymond. No argument there. Its gonna be a camp battle to watch IMO>

2 Likes

Yeah, put me in the under achieving camp for Raymond. Good camp fodder between him and the pimple guy. These little battles will be funā€¦for a change.

He will be an additional Home Run threat. Marvin Hallā€™s old role, but with more skill and more help. Catch a bomb every couple of weeks, with some other stuff mixed in. When defending the Lions offense, IMO, your best hope is to pressure Goff.
Bring pressure from multiple places and try to tackle the RB on yoru way to the QB. Goal is to take away the run and get to Goff. If you canā€™t do that, youā€™re gonna get shredded.

Pimpleton will be the next David Kircus!

2 Likes

How so?

Meaning the Den will hype him up in the offseason and he wonā€™t amount to anything was what I was getting at.

1 Like

Really bad comparison, Pimpleton can return kicks and is explosive. Kircus was no return man and slow.

2 Likes

Had the same thought.
Iā€™d love it if he somehow instead was Mel Gray, but it feels like Kircus is more likely.

1 Like

Yeah, most late round WRā€™s and UDFAā€™s never amount to muchā€¦but there are always those few guys that become good players. He seems to have some juice to him, maybe he can catch-on as a backup WR and PR/KR.
I didnā€™t know he went to Va Tech his freshmen year before transferring to CMU.

1 Like

That doesnā€™t say much for Kircus then because we drafted him in the 6th round. Mr. Pimples wasnā€™t even drafted. Both come for Michigan based schools is why Kircus came to mind.

David Kircus 40 time - 4.50
6ā€™2"-192lbs

Kalil Pimpletone 40 time - 4.49
5ā€™9"- 175lbs

Kircus was not slow by any stretch.

3 Likes

The question is whether they could beat Scotty Anderson in a race. Another offseason legend! lol

1 Like

David Kircus siting!

4 Likes

Love Dre Bly.
Harrington was an embarrassment

3 Likes

My favorite thing ive seen, numerous reports about how much bend Hutch has. I knew he could bend, but didnā€™t think at an elite lvl. They are talking like he has that kind of bend. If so, heā€™s gonna be special

3 Likes

If Hutch turns out to be an assassin, this team is farther along than anyone thinks.

1 Like

Kircus was a really, really good highschool and college player. He was tall and fast and slippery.
He was the MVP of the Hula Bowl, scoring 2 TDā€™s and had over 100 yards.
Kircusā€™s biggest problem was what was on his shoulders. I think he got a DUI and got into some off-season trouble, maybe a fight too. He was a nice kid to me whenever I talked to him. Back in those days, I was on the sidelines for most of the Brian Kelly years, the school even offered to pay for me to go to their Championship games in Mobile, Alabama (I think thatā€™s where it was if I remember correctly.)

4 Likes

His only career TD! Iā€™m sure he watches that video at least 3 times per day.

You are absolutely right, especially if Levi and Alim can make a significant yr 2 jump. For that matter, canā€™t forget Okudah. The potential is there for a DROY, and a D that makes some significant strides. My fingers are crossed

2 Likes