Lions need to lose out

Every yr… nothing here fan wise changed…

Yep - embrace losing as you complain on other threads about how much we what? Losing?! Crazy…

Do that what from your past you fear and stay in fear…

Sry - but losing is for those you know who… losers.

And yep!! We are still mathematically in it!! Woo wooh!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The Jage who were one quarter away from the Super Bowl 2 years ago? Those Jags?

I realize Lions fans don’t appreciate what other teams go thru. So let me show you which Jags I’m talking about. Here’s the rundown of the draft picks they’ve had in order from a little over 10 years of drafting:

8th overall pick
8th overall pick
10th overall pick
10th overall pick
5th overall pick
2nd overall pick
3rd overall pick
3rd overall pick
5th overall pick
4th overall pick
29th overall pick YAY!
7th overall pick

And here are some records that track along with the draft picks:

5-11
7-9
8-8
5-11
2-14
4-12
3-13
5-11
3-13
10-6 YAY!
5-11
4-5 current record

On second thought it looks like a winning formula, let’s do it! All we have to do is tank for like 7 more years!!!:rofl:

1 Like

You have to keep trying to win and develop a winning culture. The Lions need to change their mentality to expect to win.

2 Likes

Well we got Suh #2 overall and it completely changed the culture for us. Problem is we never built on it. That Chase Young kid is a game-changer on the level of his two predecessors at OSU, the Bosa bros. & JJ Watt.

2 Likes

As a coach, I would never ask a player to go out and risk a career (or even life) threatening injury in this violent game if I wasn’t coaching them to win.

1 Like

Why did you pick the Jags? Why not compare us to the 49ers who are on just year 3 of their coach and GM? Much better comparison overall.

San Fran had expectations and a new QB last year. He got hurt, out for the season. They lost most of their games. Drafted Bosa who is a huge difference maker and already 10x better than Flowers at a fraction of the cost), got their QB back and are now a playoff team and in the running for a first round bye, followed by a home playoff game. Something we haven’t achieved since 1991.

Literally, they are what we fail to do every time, because once the season is over, we continue to try to get that 4th place NFCN ribbon and get as many meaningless wins as possible so that we can get a lower pick and take a project, instead of a no-brainer impact player.

If we don’t send our broken backed franchise QB to AZ last year and sit him down for the season instead of being morons, we could very easily been in position to draft Bosa instead of a project tight end.

Instead, we draft TJH who has had very little impact. In fact, he may never have a bigger game than what he had in week 1. Just a monster game that helped the Lions tie the worst team in the NFL from the previous year, who was starting a brand new QB. The higher the pick, the less likely our GM ■■■■■ it up. Ragnow, Davis, Decker, Hockenson. 4 first round draft picks and very little impact. Our GM simply isn’t good enough/smart enough to pick between 8-15 and get a player who plays better than a 3rd rounder. That has been proven.

Because the Jags have been selecting in the top 5 to 10 picks forever. I’m showing that its not some magic bullet that you can plan on. And even if you want to follow the 49ers plan, we’d need to tank for the next 4 to 5 years…not just 2019. No thanks.

That level of suck would be tough to endure.
Those 1st rounders on the DL really make that thing work out there.

Being a middling team is a serious test of the front office. Good front offices will build their teams into consistent contenders. Middling teams will remain middling until the right front office is assembled.

You’re just proving my point. You cannot rely on shitty GMs to draft lower than they could have. You need them to pick as high as possible. Even if the % of hitting on an elite player goes up just 5% by having Quinn pick at #4 instead of #9, it’s still important that you do so. Especially because being the 9th worst team is not a great achievement anyway.

Also, I disagree about the 49ers plan. They didn’t HAVE to tank for 4-5 years. Not even sure they tanked at all. They found their GM THREE YEARS AGO, who hired his coach and they are in the drivers seat of the NFC already. Those 2 (most important) guys were not there 4 and 5 years ago, so your point doesn’t carry water.

The whole point is, don’t be afraid to make moves. If we fired Quinntricia the day after the season ends (and if we had an owner that was coherent, that would be doing research on a new GM now) there’s no reason we couldn’t be where SF is in 2-3 years. However, keeping Quinntrica 100% guarantees that we won’t be. So, keep drafting lower than we could, keep hiring GMs and coaches with zero experience, keep having low expectations, keep making excuses with injuries, coordinators and refs and see if things change.

I remember there was this big debate last year when the Lions won a meaningless game last year against the Packers practice squad. That win was completely meaningless and Josh Allen would have been a lot better pick for this franchise then TJ Hockinson. Then again that’s why we are having this conversation yet again this year. This team ignores obvious weaknesses and drafts a TE at #8 and pays a run stuffer 18M a year.

5-11
2-14
6-10
4-12

Are you okay with those records over the next 4 years for your master plan to follow the 49ers model to work?

Again, people want the results some other teams get, but they didn’t have to live thru the pain so they think it happened overnight.

You make zero sense. How many of those records are with the current GM and current coach? Hint, not all 4.

Again, you’re making my point. The niners didn’t like their direction and cleaned house in the middle of that era. Now, with the new regime, they have turned the corner, mostly because they weren’t afraid to change. You want to stick with what’s not working because you are afraid that the new regime would get us to more of nothing? Makes no sense. If you aren’t winning or drafting well, or being savvy with free agents or making great trades or hiring great coaches, why the F do you want to stick with that? Because we might mess up again?

It’s better to have tried and failed, than to never have tried at all.

I would answer your question, but it isn’t valid. It’s off topic. You don’t have to tank for 4 years to turn the corner. You have to simply hire competent people to run your team.

We’ve been rebuilding for our entire lifetimes here, yet you want to hang out and give extensions or something? Were you one of those guys that was on board with extending Matt Millen too? It’s the same thing, bro. We got the wrong guy. We need to take another shot at it, or just prolong the agony that is the Quinntricia era.

If you want to try the 49ers plan, get ready to go in the tank for multiple years, not just 2019. Since you hate this team so much, I’m sure you’d love that. You are in your element when we are losing. Winning hurts your feelings.

Mrs. Quinn, with no due respect, you keep bringing up nonsense that is off topic. The niners did not tank for multiple years. They hired a new GM and coach and had a bad first season. Last year (YEAR TWO) they lost their QB and ended up with many less wins than they would have. That is not a tank. They lost what they consider their franchise QB. Now, with their QB back and their first round pick actually being a first round player (sign of a good gm, not like what we have), they have turned the corner and look like they could compete for the future as well.

If you call what the 9ers did for 2 years “tanking”, then I got news for you. The Lions have been tanking for 28 straight years. I think we should actually try to hire a GM who is experience and qualified, but you keep on with your fake narrative.

So the 49ers are only playing with players acquired by John Lynch? Does DeForest Buckner know this? Somebody might wanna tell him. Thank you for your genius level football intellect. Its amazingly on point, per usual.

Enjoy losing.

1 Like

No, they also hired a coach who they believe can coach football, unlike the homeless looking fat guy we have that has turned almost everyone he inherited into a worse player. Thanks for playing.

Bad owner hires bad GM who hires bad coach. Your way = the Lions way = purgatory.

Quinn was sought after and a hot candidate. Matt Patricia was a highly sought after HC to be, who chose us over other offers .
Nick Bosa was a cant miss prospect , Lynch drafted like shit his first 2 years and has little to show for his 1st, 2nd and 3rd round choices in 2017 & 2018 & I watched a QB in Garrapallo that was avg at best last night who looked like shit when the team needed him the most.

I think he’s made alot of bad moves, and some people are willing to look at the teams record right now and forgive all of them. Bad moves are bad moves. And some of the same people who want to shred Quinn for bringing in Daniels at 1 year $9M and calling it “the worst signing ever” don’t even blink an eye when John Lynch signs Jerick McKinnon for 4 years $30M and he hasn’t played a single down in 2 years. When its another team, they don’t have to live the reality of it so it doesn’t sink in.

1 Like

Had the Lions lost that game, they simply pick Hock at #5 or 6 or wherever they ended up.

1 Like