Lions need to lose out

Just win baby - winning hides warts
Not to pile on, but DE Solomon Thomas definitely comes to mind…#3 OA pick; total of six total sacks in 39 games-over 2 1/2 years. Flowers, the 'god-awful fa signing who isn’t a pure pass-rusher/sack-artist has five in 9 games.

Look up Dee Ford

Sadly I think you are right & not taking Allen would have been a disgusting move. With TJ who I like & who I think will be a good one and should add a lot to the offense in a year or two it was still a bad pick at #8 nothing will persuade me otherwise unless he is a focal point …he’s not .
Game one was a huge success and a plan to use him also impacted by Arizona not showing TJ a lot of respect . I would have been utterly disgusted with TJ at #5 overall and based of what we heard about the process TJ was likely the pick at #5

1 Like

That’s the thing.
There will always be a team or two that these guys can point to and say
“Our Guys Ain’t Doing That”
The exception should be the rule for the Lions
In everything …
Every position should be stacked with All Pros, and all the coaches, GM and front office are THE Best of the Best!
Or they suck …

I have no idea if Quinn/Patricia can make it happen
So far they’ve had two seasons go off the rails
In a snap** many quickly decide it’ll NEVER happen !!!
Then run around talking shit like there’s no tomorrow
And the thing is, odds in their favor … they will likely be right …
Not because they have brilliant perception
cuz that’s the way it works most of the time
Doesn’t matter if they have NO clue about what’s really going on
Blabber long enough and you can claim you were “right all along”
Again, odds are in their favor, but that doesn’t mean they have a clue

I’ve liked much of what Quinn has done (some not so much)
Daniels was a calculated risk
I’m concerned that, in the draft, they’ve been too focused on getting prototypes for their needs vs getting talented play makers who can fit any system
Injuries have not been their friend in 2019
Do they have a conditioning issue?
Is the conditioning program missing something?

I don’t know
I know I can’t handle lazy generalizations

Losing out – if it happens, it happens
If not, that’s okay to

I don’t dislike TJ as a player, but I just think he isn’t going to be a huge step above from guys that are typically taken in the 3rd round.

Mark Andrews, 3rd
Jack Doyle UDFA
Delanie Walker (in his prime) 6th
Travis Kelce 3rd
Darren Waller 6th
Hunter Henry 2nd
Zach Ertz 2nd
Jason Witten 3rd
George Kittle 5th
Austin Hooper 3rd

Is TJ going to be better than these guys? Taking TEs that high is just a horrible move by the front office. It seems more like a luxury pick to put a team over the top than anything else. Hockenson had over 1/3 of his yards for the season in the first game against a team that didn’t even bother covering him most of the game.

1 Like