Lions needs as of right now

Devils advocate: nor does it equal NFL success at QB.

Watch that video… and they get to areas he can improve… and one play showed him “not getting off a block” of RT Darnell Wright.

They also didn’t mention Wright was holding him…
so I can understand why he didn’t get free right away.

I know they don’t call every hold…. but Wright had a jersey full on both shoulders….

outside shoulder…

inside shoulder…

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. I just don’t believe it should be used as an argument for why he won’t be good.

1 Like

I think Paschal is our Jalen Carter. I don’t think we need another play with that body type. If we are going to get another DT, I’d rather is be a BIG DT that is more capable of plugging up the middle.

1 Like

And I agree. I personally do not want Bryce Young, but I understand that I could very well be wrong as sh-.

1 Like

So he’s now had 4.5 plus sacks in 3 of his 5 seasons (including this year) and is on pace for 9 plus sacks and 65 tackles… He has had at least 54 tackles in every year, and been healthy for all but 1 game in nearly 5 years… I love that he’s on pace for 25 QB hits… about what A Donald did last year- or Fletcher Cox has had over 20 “ONCE” in his career- he’s turning 26-

Who would you break the bank on? I’m all in for 6’3" and 320 of PAYNE

@Lyonfan1

have you watched KJ Jefferson actually throw the ball???

Arkansas is 5-4…. and when I watched them play Texas A&M…
I thought…… they should have won that game if the QB could throw tha ball worth a damn.

He’s a great athlete…. but not a good passer.

I’m torn on Payne. I want the lions to go after him in free agency but I’m also wary of it.

Wow I read this after I posted mind… damn near the same!

I would trade #5 down to #15 or so… Getting a 2nd and 3rd along with #15… WHY?

Myles Murphy-

or

Bijan Robinson
Will McDonald IV
Andrew Vorhees

When you consider that McDonald will test better and has outproduced Murphy, I’d gladly at the RB1 and a top 5 OG vs all the eggs in one basket…

That is the beauty of a A) a run first offense … and B) a 3-4 D-

Finding 6’3" 250 pound guys with 4.5 speed and bust is much easier than 6’6" 270 pound guys with 4.6 speed… Cheaper draft capital every 2 years or so to reload!

It’s way easier to find a bellcow RB who makes gameday impact by spending a single early pick, that it is finding and paying 2-3 elite WRs constantly… top RBs make 15M per adn top WRs make 30M per and you need more than 1!

1 Like

Well, I’d avoid FA like the plague with this group. Brockers, T Williams, Perriman, Chark…
They do better drafting injured players than aquiring talent in FA.

TBF I don’t think they are trying that hard at FA at the moment. They are scraping bottom of the barrel on cheap deals until they start to make their run - which I think starts this offseason. Definitely agree we haven’t had much luck in that area on what they have brought in.

1 Like

They’re very different though. Paschal is more of a big end/5-tech with inside-out versatility. To be honest I think he’s more similar to Hutch than he would be Carter. Carter is a true interior lineman (probably best as a 3-tech) with long arms and serious man strength. He may only weigh 305-315, but he’s got that Sapp, Donald strength for a man of his size. No one’s moving him off his spot. He was holding up against triple teams against Tennessee.

2 Likes

Jalen Carter- 29 games started… 61 tackes- 13.5 TFL… 4 sacks… 0 ints… 1 pass defended

N Suh (just SR yr) - 14 games started… 85 tackles… 20.5 TFL… 12 sacks… 1 int.

• his Jr year? 13 games - 76 tackles… 16 TFL… 7.5 sacks… 2 ints…

Anyone who can compare the two is STONED!

one of my favorite sayings at the office… “Either you aren’t trying very hard, or you simply aren’t that good at this!!!”

How can a guy be a physical freak, and average 2 tackles a game, and 1 sack EVERY 7.15 GAMES???

I know that Cine got hurt… BUT!

D Wyatt, C Tindall and N Dean can’t even get on the field!!! Between J Davis and T Walker you have a pair of first round picks who combine for 2.5 sacks…

I’m sorry I can’t get behind Jalen Carter until he actually dominates games… I want 8 sacks by year end to prove he’s capable of 8 sacks in college

1 Like

They’re ■■■■■■■ throwing money in a garbage can, is what they’re doing.

That’s your assessment… I see see a big, strong, fast QB who plays in the most defensively dominant conference in college football.

It’s weird the Jefferson has a higher rating, better completion percentage, higher yards per attempt than Bryce despite inferior talent…

Arkansas has Stromberg the center in round 2-3… AND MAYBE- transfer Jadon Haselwood the WR in round 5-6 if he tests well?

He has a big arm, great mobility and is completing nearly 70% of his passes to nobodies in a tough conference with a 2 year running 4-1 TD/INT ratio-

If you look close his size, speed, and production almost exactly mirrors DAK who has the same knocks coming out… I bet many teams would like a do over and take Dak before round 4?

Me im gonna keep watching, long time till the draft.

1 Like

If we wanted and “ALL TRAITS” draft…

1. Will Levis
  2. Bijan Robinson
  3. Antonio Johnson
  4. Will McDonald IV
  5. Mazi Smith
  6. AT Perry
  7. DJ Turner
  8. best Kicker Available

You’d lose out on a lot of elite NFL DTs if you went that route. Haloti Ngata had ten sacks total over the 3 full seasons he played at Oregon.

2 Likes

Right now I will stick to my idea you should always draft a WR an CB in first 3 rds .

They are high ticket cap hits an in few years Brown will be looking to be paid he was a fourth rd pick , so no fifth year option.

AO will be looking to be paid an question is do we resign him based on play this season my answer is No. You need to look at roster an draft strength appears this year to be DBs

Think about it as cost effective you likely can sign lets say Payne who like for about 2 thirds of what top #1 WR get per year. We have 3 solid WR coming back why not look for another top end WR at a lot less for future years same with DBs mainly CBs.

I like some of DL we have an they are young McNeill, Hutch ,Pascal…Hariss Buggs…Comish… That’s 3 starters an 3 depth We don’t know what we have health wise with R Okwara still not back
an Levi so those two if health check out would limit need to hit DL early in draft. Lets say one is healthy for sure an we can add Payne who i like that’s not bad DL players heading into draft.

Payne will be 5 to 7 million less than a top tier CB or WR I would look at draft for the WT an CB

1 Like

FWIW — I heard an analysis that his going for it on 4th down has, from an analytics perspective, been best or second best in the league.

The problem is not going for it
The problem is the plays they run when they go for it

1 Like