LIONS NEW ALT HELMET REVEALED

Makes me want a Löwenbräu…

3 Likes

Its the retro Lions logo that they used from 1961-1969

This was the logo 52’-60’ Detroit Lions Logo Primary Logo (1952-1960) - Football player running with a lion SportsLogos.Net

^^^^

Jebus, that’s sad. Damn dad, why didn’t you ever tell me!

Hutch is starting to get that Nick Bosa frame. He didn’t really have that grown man body yet last season, now our little Hutch is becoming a MAN.

As for the helmet? I really don’t care too much, just win ball games.

6 Likes

My thoughts :100:

2 Likes

I love the new helmet and the logo. I heard while this was the logo in the 60s, it was never actually on a helmet or uniform.

However I agree with a lot of you, it does not go with the gray jerseys. Would’ve been better with the all white or even the all blue. I might have to see it in action but I already didn’t like the all grays anyway. I hope they keep this helmet though and have sweet alternate uniforms next year and get rid of the all gray.

Definitely a step in the right direction though! I dig it!

5 Likes

I like the Lean Fighting Machine Lion

2 Likes

Hey, that’s Bubbles’ Dad! But that logo, IIR, was never actually on a helmet, but still used on clothing & other items

1 Like

trailer boys GIF

I Extremely very much love. Our japanese world war two prisoner of war grey jump suit alternate uniforms.

The look of 5 year old handwashed longjohns in The Ganges River will strike fear into the hearts of our opponents.

The utter depth of drabness and nothingness will drive the opposing team into fits of depression and Self doubt.

The combination of Knight in shining armor blue and drab Gray will create cognitive dissonance in any of the opposing team who were fashion merchandising majors especially with a civil war concentration.

I am extremely glad that our super sharp already tuned for this type of alternate helmet old alternate black uniforms weren’t considered because we don’t want to Look so good that our players get over confident

2 Likes

This was the temp logo established on November 22, 1963 that stayed in place until March 9, 2014.

1 Like

GIF by simongibson2000

1 Like

Hate the dingy grey uniforms. As previously stated: White jersey/pants or White jersy/blue pants would have been incredible.

3 Likes

Srsly, someone photoshop the old black CRog/Joey era unis onto that Hutch pic.

Awesome Design GIF by SamuelC

1 Like

It was to respect the Lion tradition. So, I’ll take it, twice a year.

1 Like

I hate change. So I hate them.

2 Likes

The Goldbergs No GIF by ABC Network

3 Likes

Been racking my brain on finding a positive about this. Really trying to keep an open mind. But Its tough, man is it tough…

2 Likes

Best to go with your first impression and grab a snake handler to forget about it.

2 Likes