LIONS NEW ALT HELMET REVEALED

I love the logo. But I guess I’ll be contrarian, I want gray helmets, and more blue uni’s. That said, I don’t hate it.

1 Like

Can’t wear white unis anymore, they keep getting covered in blood from all the kneecap eating.

2 Likes

Hood ornament from 1950’s Ford truck. Looks like where the lion came from. The strips were used too, I think on more than one vehicle. Mustang GT.
I think they are incorporating FMC history. (Not Ford Lion history)

8 Likes

It looks like your 5th grader dragged out your furnace filter you havent changed for 6 months and made a uni out of it.

I believe they call that Grapes of Wrath Dust Bowl Gray in Pantone chart

1 Like

Which reminds me, my latest pick up…,

9 Likes

That hazy isn’t like most hazy IPA’s, excellent beer.

Hell Yeah Cmt GIF by Redneck Island

4 Likes

LOVE IT !

1 Like

I want to be slightly fair to the Lions on this one.

This is not a Lions decision. It’s an NFL decision. ALT helmets can only be worn with ALT unis, which in this case is the grey. As cool as I think this would look with the all whites or variation of the white/blue, the Lions aren’t allowed even if they wanted to.

So we’re stuck with MNF vs. the Raiders and season-ender @ Minnesota. Not much else they can do about it.

Next year, all bets are off. They are rebranding everything. Unis, logo, etc. From that point, they could keep this helmet as part of the rebrand. But my guess is this will stay as the ALT helmet because when they rebrand, it will include a new helmet.

It’s one year, two games. We will all live.

This is probably well-known information but figured throw it out there.

3 Likes

He’s starving - He’s been hungry since 1957 and is about to feast on the league.

Embrace the hunger - that should be our season motto.

2 Likes

So we only have to suffer the Papillon Prisoner PJs for 1 more year?

Almost acceptable.

2 Likes

Don’t get carried away. Although they are doing a complete re-brand, it’s very possible they keep new and updated all grey as their ALT starting next year.

We’ll have to see.

1 Like

The amount of curmudgeon in this thread is impressive.

2 Likes

harumph…

1 Like

BEST LIONS UNI’S EVER!!!

s5CpKfBOGgC6MoKU6CB4WSsDbRjhQl0-_8oiSemQ_98

8 Likes

My reaction exactly. And don’t understand the two rectangles.

100% w/Phizzle

1 Like

Modified from the Mustang tribar emblem first used in 1961.
The mustang imposed over the red, white, and blue bars represented an all American brand.

They are using a combination of Ford badges from their auto industry. I think it’s OK for ALT helmet, but i hope they use something a little more fierce for the new regular helmets.

2 Likes

Not inspired to drink Bud Light?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of this NFL rule, italics below, regarding alternate helmets, from today’s Freep.

Teams in the NFL are only allowed to change jerseys every five years and the alternate helmets have to include a logo from some point in the team’s history.

2 Likes