Lions News: ESPN’s Mina Kimes ranks Dan Campbell in NFL’s top-10 coaches

You should watch the entire thing for a nice breakdown of each coach, including Campbell. But here are Kimes’ top seven:

1. Andy Reid
  2. Kyle Shanahan
  3. John Harbaugh
  4. Mike Tomlin
  5. Sean McVay
  6. Matt LaFleur
  7. Dan Campbell
4 Likes

I wouldn’t have any other coach, but I can respect that list.

11 Likes

I completely agree. I wouldn’t trade Campbell for any coach in the league. He is perfect for this city.

8 Likes

I would rank him above
Mike Tomlin
Matt LaFleur
John Harbaugh
Sean McVay

2 Likes

Pretty flattering stuff here, she and her guest definitely understand what’s up in Detroit

4 Likes

Also - a note to this lady…There is no such thing as toxic masculinity!

3 Likes

I think Campbell gets more out of his players than those other guys do.

Tomlin and Harbaugh consistently get top tier assistant coaches though. LeFleur and McVay are on this list due to the fact that they are viewed as offensive geniuses (like Shanahan).

2 Likes

Matt LaFluer?
And, how about Sean Peyton?
It’s a popularity contest, apparently, and half these idiots spent two years trashing Campbell and Goff.
Now, they want to be taken seriously? With this list? :smile:

Honestly, this is a very good list. These are the best coaches in the NFL. I wouldn’t take a single dude over DAN ■■■■■■■ CAMPBELL. But this is a good list. A very GOOOD list.

3 Likes

I’ve met some gym bros. that would suggest otherwise

The misandrist vitriol typically spewed by those with a wont to use that term is often far more toxic than anything said by those targeted with the label.

4 Likes

I don’t think Mina is particularly prone to vitriol.

I sense that you’re terrific at Scrabble btw.

2 Likes

I would love to break it down, if I saw the examples. No such thing as toxic masculinity, my man. I promise.

Except you can’t. The concept means different things to different people. It’s may in fact be a bit nebulous but denying that it is now a regularly used term to describe some variety of misplaced machismo seems like an odd hill to die on. But everyone is entitled to their opinions of course.

2 Likes

Humans are not toxic. Though they can employ behaviors that are going to create the opposite of the world that people want to create.

As for masculinity… we car argue those semantics as well. I was interviewed by a group that has 3,800 members, and they are familiar with my work. When they asked me about toxic masculinity near the beginning…I told them, “There’s no such thing.” She asked, “what about when a man hits a woman?” I responded, “what about when a woman hits a 6 year old?”

You would have to give me examples, so I could break them down…but I would be willing to do that for you. I’m speaking from my heart…not machismo…I’ll give you my best answer bro - that’s my non-machismo promise. :wink:

There is no such thing as toxic masculinity in my world.

Flaunting a voluminous lexicon and presuming others will mistakenly interpret it as a proxy for a keen intellect is incontrovertibly part of my modus operandi.

5 Likes

How I roll :point_down:

IMG_0360

4 Likes

That’s fine. And it really is just semantics so no point getting to far down the rabbit hole. I totally get that it is nauseatingly overused. Like “woke”. We need a wider of phrases it seems.

Regardless, you’re the best buddy. You reliably brighten my day and for that I am grateful. Have a great one! :beers:

1 Like

Toxic behavior is real but separate from masculinity or femininity. Toxic behavior is just toxic behavior. It stems from fear and not love.
Masculinity and femininity on their own are not. The association itself leads can lead to blame and not taking accountability.

Do you agree @BigNatty ?

1 Like

Not Natty but that seems fair. It’s definitely not gender specific, though the particulars may differ. Whether you want to couple it with toxic femininity or just drop gender element, either one would be a more just descriptor of the underlying behavior.

3 Likes