***Lions @ Packers Monday Night Football Game Thread***

Reality rears it’s head.

1 Like

I definitely know where you are coming from on that. Lucky for me the team I hate the most is the Cowboys and I had to live close to Dallas surrounded by Cowboys fans. They are even bigger dicks than I thought, so I don’t have to respect them.

2 Likes

Yea, there isn’t much I respect about the Cowboys other than they are hard to beat at home when the refs are doing everything possible to help “Americas Team”

And there is zero to respect about their knuckle-dragging fans

1 Like

I lived there too, and also in Chicago. Nothing compares to Bear fans imo. What surprised me about Chicago is the amount of Packer fans there and that’s where they grew up. Most of them said it started way back in their family from the old Chicago Cardinals and they hated the Bears, and they jumped on the Packers when the Cardinals left town.

2 Likes

My last straw was Super Bowl Sunday when the Saints were playing the Colts. Saints fans are the closest thing to Lions fans I’ve ever met. They were beside themselves happy that the sad sack of chit they called their team for decades…was actually in the frickin Super Bowl. They were high on life, to say the least. I had to go around town to different spots…work related and personal. This city is split between Cowboys and Saints fans. At any rate, the town was covered in Cowboys gear. Cowboys flags on cars, Cowboys fans in their jersey’s…the works. You would really have thought the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl. And sure as chit, as you went into places, you could see Cowboys fans being dicks to Saints fans…which was why they were out in full force. “We’ve got X number of rings, so even if you win today you still won’t be better than us!” How fukn ridiculous is that?

Any ounce of respect I might have had left for Cowboys fans died that day.

2 Likes

I’m beyond ready for this game to start. I think it’s going to be a battle right down to the end. I do think we pull it off with a Stafford “Trust Me!” led last minute drive…culminating with a Prater FG as time winds off the clock.

GO LIONS!!!

2 Likes

LOL - I lived in Chicago (a couple of times). I used to watch games at this awesome sports bar. I was there every week, and most of their fans embraced me as part of the experience. This place had amazing free buffet during every Bears game. Bears play at the same time as the Lions about 70% of the time.

Once, I was crossing the parking lot with a Barry Sanders Jersey on, and this car pulled up to me and rolled the window down, sort of like the old Grey Pouppon commercials. There was dude in his 50s driving, and likely his grandpa in the passenger seat. The old dude liked like he was ready for hospice. Looked 90+. Old guy makes direct eye contact with me, and in the meanest voice says “Go home, you fuckin’ foreigner.”

Then they drove off.

I was laughing so hard. That dude was so intense. He absolutely meant it. I was crying laughing.

For the most part, I had good experience with them all. Mostly good attitudes. They attach their identity to their city & their team, same way I do.

Going to a Lions party today, (you guys would be amazed at the number of Lions & Wolverine fans there are in Orlando). One of my buddies just told me there’s going to be a Packer fan there. I’m hoping he’s not a significance driven dude stuck in some controlling anger pattern. Honestly, many of the Lions fans I watch with are an energy suck too. They expect us to lose and give up so easily. One bad play or call, and everyone starts with the SOL bullshit.

2 Likes

So basically…like your typical Lions Game Day thread LOL

3 Likes

LOL - we’ve been conditioned, for sure. It’s so important not to carry negative conditioning forward into life. If we lose tonight, all of our conditioning will be tested, for sure. This is not the same team, ownership, players, coaches…not eve the same players as last year.
I’m choosing to celebrate the growth of the team. Getting present with it and enjoying it now. Some people will only be happy if we win the SB every year. They have an 8 lane highway built to anger, stress, anxiety, etc, and a dirt 2-tack built to happiness (that’s Tony Robbins…LOL).

I usually watch with the same ppl, so I point out differences between old Lions and new guys. Enjoy the journey, man! Maybe we evolve into a Steelers-type franchise. Our kids will tell stories about how dad and grandpa say the Lions used to suck. LOL.

2 Likes

I can’t watch Lions (or any other team we care about) with my dad. He’s way too intense and way to impatient. For him every Lions play should be a touchdown and every play by the opposing team should be shut down completely. A 5 yard check down for the Lions…he’s pissed. A 5 yard check down for the other team…he’s pissed. An incomplete pass by the Lions…he’s pissed. An incomplete pass by the other team…he’s pissed we didn’t sack the QB or pick it off. Its too much. Even watching basketball if MSU is playing, he reacts to every missed shot by MSU or made shot by the other team like it was the game winner. And as you know, there are ALOT of missed and made shots in basketball. I just avoid watching with him now, unless its random teams playing.

3 Likes

I am…I am

But I wish I received a $5 bill everytime somebody in a game thread said basically “That’s it…game over…SOL”

And then we won :rofl:

3 Likes

Sounds like worse case scenario, for a home-team fan, anyway. Did you graduate from MSU, dude? I graduated from Thee Sports Mecca of the Universe…CMU. LOL. Place was really good to me. U of M fan, but MSU fan, when they aren’t playing agains e/o.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t watched MNF in a few years if the Lions aren’t playing.

I was hoping for a good broadcast crew but they apparently have one of the worst TV crews going today.

"Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland continues to make these games hard to watch"

1 Like

Yep. It’s like nobody wants that job anymore. Mike Tirico was phenomenal and they went with some Boogar douche now, who totally sucks at life. It’s a really bad crew. They make Collinsworth seem tolerable, and he’s been one of the worst in the business since he started.

1 Like

I feel like they should go with 2 football guys, instead of a color guy and a “break it down” guy. Imagine Chris Spielman and Aikman discussing what’s happening, instead of trying to fluff it up. How much more fun would that be?

3 Likes

C’mon Lions!

So far this year, you have showed us that you are the SOL. Blowing a huge lead against one of the worst teams in the league, then almost beating one of the best teams in the league but finding a way to shoot yourself in the foot and losing in the process, which is exactly what you’ve always done.

Show us that you are different this year by taking a clear step to winning the NFC North and not completely shitting the bed on Monday Night Football against a division rival.

1 Like

Lions football is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. ANYTHING can happen and often does, usually not in our favor. There just ain’t no way to predict what’s we’ll see, can we run it, and can they? Can we contain Rodgers? Can our OL give Stafford the time and space to find and hit his receivers? Can we show the whole country that the Lions are for real? Or will the Lions blow it with too many mistakes, penalties, and TOs? GB is a good team, and you can give them any help.

For the naysayers, this is a talented team with maybe the best coaching they’ve had since, well forever. IMHO, if they lose it won’t be due to bad coaching. So what went on in prior years really means nothing.

The beer is getting cold and I’ll be fixing up the salsa dip in a little while. I am ready, Go Lions!

2 Likes

Has anyone ever done this before? I’m not sure I’ve ever watched a game without a play by play guy giving you the basic information before and during the play.

1 Like

Nope - never have. If it’s a Lions game, I’m present enough to already know that stuff. If it’s just sorta watching to do a pseudo scouting report, like yesterday’s games, I can see where I could miss something by not paying close enough attention.

I’d love to see people who know football better than me discussing what they see though. That would be awesome! I feel confident saying I’d prefer it.

1 Like