***Lions @ Packers Monday Night Football Game Thread***

They have that setup with 2 “football” guys discussing football. But that’s a 3 man team, so there’s still a play by play guy. NFL Network has started using 4 man booth’s, with 3 “football guys” in the booth together…but they still have a play by play guy. And of course I say “in the booth” loosely. The networks don’t necessarily put the guys side by side. They may have the extra football guys commentating from the field level.

2 Likes

Original MNF

Howard…Dandy Don and Frank

Still the best combo they ever had

2 Likes

“Turn out the lights…the party’s over”

2 Likes

Yep

Still the best.

College Football…Keith Jackson…Whooooooo Nellie

And Homer Pick Bob Ufer

1 Like

Anyone else having a tough time focusing on work today? Win and i’m buying in 110%. Lose and i’m back to not believing totally. There is no moral victories in this game

3 Likes

GO LIONS! I’ve got my celebratory Founders Underground Mountain chillin in the fridge and looking forward to enjoying it around 11:45pm tonight. Boy will it taste especially good after a victory tonight (fingers crossed).

Big, big game fellas.

4 Likes

My kid got all A’s on his report card today, so he gets to stay up and watch the Lions. On second thought, maybe I should delete this post just in case I go through a messy divorce in the future and it is used to justify a claim of child abuse against me. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Totally

Been in a presentation all day and really really can’t focus on it. And I keep checking this place…like right now LOL

2 Likes

If the Lions play bad and he goes to bed upset and broken then it definitely would qualify LOL
That is how I usually end up after a big game for the Lions. Hoping this time is different

Great job on the all A’s report card! Must be very proud of your child.

Staying up for the game will be great. I think you both will be happy at game’s end.

2 Likes

Actually Frank Gifford didn’t come along until the 1971 season because he was still under contract with CBS Sports in 1970. Keith Jackson the voice of college football we all remember so well was actually the play-by-play announcer for the original 1970 season. I would not have remembered this if I hadn’t read it or heard about it recently myself. I was just viewing Wikipedia on this and was surprised to find out that Pete Rozelle was pushing the idea playing Monday Night Football (or more specifically a primetime game) for many years prior to 1970. Apparently there was Saturday Night Football on the old Dumont Network back as early as the mid 50’s before that Network folded. And the very first Monday night game, although it was not televised, was the Green Bay Packers at the Detroit Lions! That was back in 1964 according to the Wikipedia. cool little piece of trivia

1 Like

You guys know that the Lions brought up DT John Atkins from the PS, right? Had to cut Tom Kennedy, who could very well return to the PS. 6’3" 320 lbs, could spell Snacks if A’Shawn can’t go.

1 Like

I saw that too and immediately thought sh*t no ARob

1 Like

Good stuff

Who won that first game? Hopefully the Lions and hopefully they repeat it :slight_smile:

Hey guys, ya’ know its only three hours to kick off…tick…tick…tick…

Man, I am starting to think it should be a crime to make a team have a Monday night game after a bye week. John Denver might have been full of shit, but Tom Petty was right on. The waiting is the hardest part.

This day has been crawling by. If the Lions ever make the SB the 2 week wait will feel like 2 years

Shit yea it would. It seems like forever even when the Lions are not playing. I can’t imagine if they were

But it would taste like whipped cream off Eva Green’s snatch…

That really does taste great I must say…