Lions Pass Blocking v Chargers

I think the wisest course of action is to play Crosby until Decker is good to go, whenever that is. Crosby gets to show his development and Decker gets the time he needs to heal up and get himself into good playing shape. Was he not in good physical condition in AZ? Dunno, but it didn’t look like it.

Going forward from now, I’m looking for OT talent that I can bring in here to develop on somebody’s PS. I also look for good OT prospects in the next draft, and I would surely draft an OT at some point unless there’s somebody that’s too good to pass up.

Right now, Decker doesn’t look to be worth over $10 mil for one season - 2020. BUT - the question is can you find somebody better? Or as good but cheaper? I would ask Decker if he’s willing to take a paycut that matches his performance, but if he says no then you better have another option at LT, which may or may not be Crosby. How does he look in future games and at practices?

Bottom line, it’s too soon to know the answers to these questions. Not enough information. So, let’s not jump the shark, it’s enough for me right now to know that Crosby didn’t get Stafford killed. I don’t think his run-blocking is worth a damn, but I ain’t as knowledgeable as some.

1 Like

Decker was fine physically during the Arizona game. it was only until after the game that his back stiffened up. I’m sure many of us can relate to back issues coming and going.

Decker mighta been fine physically, but he didn’t look like it. I got no other explanation other that an undisclosed injury like a bad back. Was he not in top physical condition maybe? I was thinking that one of the reasons why Crosby looked so bad in the PS games was that he wasn’t in good enough physical condition, but I got no evidence or reason to support that for either player.

Which for me leaves only one other thing: mentally they were flat. Look, it’s the NFL and guys get beat sometimes, it happens. But it’s usually win some and lose some, and ratio of one to the other depends on how good you are. But Decker looked bad in AZ, so if he wasn’t hurt then WTF?

That was a pretty sweet play design. The look was all a screen to the left - that would have been open for a decent gain. But flipping it to the right the last second caught the entire defense cheating to the left

I realize how they are framing everything, but I have to imagine his back was giving him issues whether he realized it or not…or whether they want to admit it or not. Its his worst game as a pro and then coincidentally his back tightens up afterwards?

Sorry, that’s just not true. Decker admitted as much.

Anyone who has suffered from back pain knows that it most often happens after the activity or even the next morning.

First, I think they are full of chit and know something was up. But if by some miracle they had him doped up and he didn’t realize it…clearly it impacted him. The back is part of a key chain and even if you aren’t feeling it, it can hinder you.

He didn’t hurt his back taking a shower after the game. It happened before or during the game. And remember, if he was having issues with his back before the game and we didn’t report it, we are in trouble. So yes, I would hope everybody involved would pretend it happened as he was untying his shoes after the game. LOL

2 Likes

Ragnow had the highest grade this week of any center so far this year. Glasgow also had the highest grade of the week at over 88. Pretty impressive performances all around by the OL

3 Likes

We definitely had more success running to the right… Ragnow is a really good athlete, he was making some great blocks down the field.