Lions picking qb anthony richardson florida

No No No GIF

3 Likes

I really do want to draft a QB just because we have no depth at that position and right now its Jared or bust. I’d like to get him some competition. But this is just putting your foot in a woodchipper for no reason. It hurts and has very little chance of being beneficial.

5 Likes

Clickbait mockification just starting to get spun up, hasnt even left the runway yet.

3 Likes

Fields is a good comp, neither are passers…but maybe is Joe Milton.

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

Yeah I honestly don’t see the Lions making 1st round picks that aren’t going to help them contend for a division title and playoff wins now.

Richardson is a 2+ year project at best and I would rather keep a confident Goff leading this team instead of making a selection that would surely cause issues.

2 Likes

I do not think the Lions will take a QB early at all.

I’ve been projecting Branch with our second pick for some time. Hope we land him there.

7 Likes

I’m fine with taking him with the 2nd pick, especially if Ben Johnson is coming back

Goff has played great here, but EVERYTHING about why he was traded is still in front of him, and he can’t answer those questions until he gets back into the playoffs. Despite the false bravado of anyone here claiming he’s proven himself as our guy… he hasn’t. We’re contenders now, and it’s time to act like it. Everything until now has been a dress rehearsal. Goff’s legacy will hinge on his ability to perform in the playoffs. Our fate depends on his ability to perform under playoff pressure.

Richardson is scary. Scary talented, sure, but if you looked at Malik, at least he had decent numbers. AR15’s numbers say he isn’t even a good college qb. Despite his traits, he’s a bigger project than Willis was. I’m still interested at the right price, but that’s not in the top ten. Crazy.

We scouted Lance. We appear to be heavily evaluating Richardson. We acquired Josh Dobbs. Consider… maybe the full vision of Ben Johnson’s masterpiece requires a dual threat qb. We’ve tailored(dumbed down?) the offense to suit Jared Goff. A lot of talk about drafting most or all defense at the top. We’ve got a hot shot coordinator that can likely opt out and write his own ticket. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA TELL HIM HE CAN’T HAVE ANY FANCY NEW TOYS THIS YEAR??

Do think on that. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’d rather give him Dijon than AR. That’s a fancy new toy that can contribute right away

8 Likes

Theres a Grey Poupon joke in there somewhere…

4 Likes

One overlooked bonus of Richardson is that in college he had 1,175 fewer attempts than Goff, so his arm should be fresh.

3 Likes

I thought we all agreed we’re never taking a TE in round 1 again.

6 Likes

He’s already proven he can do that.

6 Likes

Right, but has he done it since posters here banged the table calling him a bridge?

They’re not going to accept being proven wrong until he wins a Super Bowl. Or three, because the first two might be flukes.

5 Likes

If it’s only three we have to keep trying for our Tom Brady. Goff might be ok for a lame mini dynasty. if we want the full generational dynasty we have to find the right QB

7 Likes

I would have no problem with us taking Richardson. He is raw as hell but I thought he made some real positive strides as the year progressed. Think he would be an excellent draft and develop QB and I think he is the style of QB the Lions want in the long term.

Would I take him in with our first pick, no.

Would I take him with our second first rounder? If it is in the first 20 picks, no.

Would I take him with an early day 2 pick, absolutely.

Would I trade back into the first round to take him in the late 20s. Depending on the cost, yes.

As an aside, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Texans fall in love with Levis and take him over Bryce Young

I find that this is generally how teams keep screwing up with 1st round TEs. Positional value aside, they put too much stock in the wrong traits.

Never heard of the writer and never heard of the web site.

They would be crazy. Levis sometimes looks like he doesn’t know the first thing about playing QB. Young is amazing

If it weren’t for the size issue Young would be a Luck Lawerence Burrows slam dunk

1 Like