Lions picking qb anthony richardson florida

Translation: No matter what Goff does, it doesn’t matter. The only way to prove himself is for something in the future to happen. And at that point the goalpost will move again to something in the future.

5 Likes

Tennessee got lucky. They got a 1st rounder in the 4th round. Too bad they don’t get the 5th year option.

/sarcasm

1 Like

If he were any good he would make a probowl. No make that two probowls. Heck if he were any good he would win a division, then some playoff games and make it to a Super Bowl.

But heck he’s not good so if that did happen it must be because the team around him carried him.

If he were really any good he would take the talent deprived Detroit Lions and lead them into a top 5 offense. And then into the playoffs, then if he were any good he would win some playoff games, then go to a Super Bowl and then win a Super Bowl. But if that happened it would be because the talented team and coaches carried his talentless ass.

That sounds about right…. Goff Sucks!

11 Likes

Malik Willis II–wash, spin, rinse, recycle, repeat

4 Likes

Here you go, for future reference

1 Like

We have Goff under contract thru 2024. I can easily see them evaluating him the rest of this season and next season as well before making any decisions on a high round QB.

Next years QB class is by far superior to this years and DEEP as well. If Goff shows he can’t get us over the hump in 2023 then I could see the Lions making a move for a QB next season and letting him set behind Goff for 1 season in 2024 before taking over.

1 Like

People always bring up Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes while leaving out the part where Smith was 34 and Mahomes is a generational talent. Even the comparisons to Cousins are iffy when you consider that the first year Cousins started he was the same age as Goff when he played his first year in Detroit. Goff is only a year older than Mahomes, a year and a half older than Allen and two years older than Burrows. I think he can still get better.

5 Likes

Carson Strong got cut. I’d sign him to the practice squad to see how he develops.

2 Likes

Lol. They always will. Same reason Caldwell was fired. Expectations were higher when he came here, and he couldn’t meet them.

McVay knew they’d make the playoffs with Goff. Didn’t matter. I’m actually a fan of goff and prefer him over Stafford. I never saw Stafford play this well, this consistently. I’m open to a future with Goff, but his physical limitations won’t change, so I’m also open to a future without.

Getting a high performing, more mobile qb, and trading Goff; that’s our highest potential option for the future. Also risky as hell, with a significant risk of failure.

2 Likes

Holy crap! Give him to Brunell, Johnson, and Goff? I doubt he becomes a threat to Goff, but, he could become this generations Sean Hill.

2 Likes

Let me start by saying that my opinion has nothing to do with Goff. This is strickly my belief from watching QBs get drafted. If a team is going to take a developmental QB, do not take him in the first 19 picks of the draft. IMO the best range to get a QB to develop is the 20 to 40 range. This reduces the presser on the current starter that he might be replaced soon, and it still early enough to get someone worth developing.

So with that said, no I do not want the Lions to take RIchardson at 5, but if they want to take a chance on him with 32 then I say go for it.

1 Like

I’ve watched Richardson the last two years. He’s not going to make it in the NFL. He has serious accuracy problems and he is constantly injured. Need to look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Even with the ADA on his side, he will not be allowed to play with a wheelchair.

2 Likes

Fields is a passer… You’ll see soon enough.

Or we just need to see consistency. People are and were saying the same things about Hockenson, and AO, swift and even Okudah. Players who have shown potential but also shown to be inconsistent and so need to prove themselves to lions fans.

People were also very wait and see with anzalone and Romeo. And are preemptively wait and see with Tracy Walker. It seems Goff is the only one entitled to pedestalization. Even though it was our very own head coach who was a vocal critics.

And if you fail to erase his untimely turnovers and fumbles and dink and dunk passes from last year and the top of the season then something is wrong with you. Well ok

But

1 Like

Yup, that seems like an accurate read on the situation. Jared Goff has been on a pedestal, completely immune from criticism from Lions fans and NFL commentators in general.

4 Likes

This is basically repurposing a post about Malik Williams last year:

Drafting AR at pick:

180 - Fugg yea! Huge upside
167 - Do it!
149 - Yup! Good risk reward ratio
79 - Sure seems like a good idea
60 - I’d have preferred that OG but I get it
48 - No!
18 - ■■■■ you!
5 - Rot in hell!

3 Likes

I’m already tired of the qb talk and it’s only December. AR15 is the guy you take IF you think you need to take one. But I don’t think you NEED to right now.

4 Likes

Still needs to prove himself to Lions fans…like Matt Stafford.

1 Like