Lions picking qb anthony richardson florida

At five overall? Kid has great tools but that seems pretty high to take a project QB

2 Likes

Nooooooooo!!!

3 Likes

Some draft have seattle picking him #15 overall

I knew it was a matter of time before we’d start seeing Richardson top 10.

2 Likes

pretty amazing for a one year starter with a completion percentage in the 50% a QBR in the bottom third who throws with zero touch and goes through long stretches where it looks like he has zero idea how to play the position.

Super high ceiling with really low floor. Hell Malik was a better overall prospect and he dropped to the 3rd. Which is about right

11 Likes

Last year this time, they had us taking Willis at #2oa.
The Sensationalists have to write something. Actual Journalism is hard.

9 Likes

This would be a Darko level pick.

12 Likes

Austin Powers No GIF

5 Likes

Look, I get the criticism to a degree but Josh Allen was the same way. And he played at Wyoming of all places.

Some team, might be us, might be the Giants, might be somebody else, is going to take a chance on this kid’s athleticism much much higher than people think.

And everything you said has been said before. They were saying it with Stafford even when he came out.

2 Likes

Well I can only speak for myself and I in no way wanted Willis. Was never a believer in taking him that high.

I have a different take with Richardson though.

6 Likes

3 Likes

If you draft a QB that high you may as well trade Goff away. He is playing his ass off because of his relationship with the coaching staff. When that relationship breaks down he has shown it impacts his performance in a huge way. It’s personal to him and no amount of “it’s just business is going to fix it.”

We all have different motivating factors in life and for Goff, clearly he needs strong relationships and trust to not suffer “erectile disfunction and performance anxiety” of his football ability. Goff needs a “ride or die” feeling behind him to play up to his potential. The staff has had opportunities to get other QB’s that would challenge him and push him and have declined all of those opportunities. I think they understand Goff very well.

I like Goff and I think he will give it everything he’s got if he feels confident in the support around him. I also don’t think we have seen the best version of him yet. Drafting a QB that high is like cheating on him and decreases his motivation. Some guys, if their girl cheats on them get pissed off, go hit the gym and find a hotter girl friend. Others say screw it, sit on the coach, eat pizza and cheese cake while setting a new personal best for pounding beers. Goff is a cheese cake kinda guy I think.

Sports phycology is real and it matters in such a profound way on the success and failure of athletes. I think that’s a huge change that is greatly overlooked with the culture change we are seeing. It’s the same players however they are developing a different mentality that revolves around effort and trust. Culture change has nothing to do with physical ability, it’s a state of mind heart and soul.

11 Likes

Well that and also Richardson sucks.

8 Likes

in the 3rd round?

3 Likes

Well the way the Lions are building, a Josh Allen lottery ticket in the top five seems like a really bad idea. I’d be all for drafting a toolsy project QB in the third but not in the top five

This is the exact same dialogue we had last year about Malik Willis by the way. Down to the letter. Just swap out the names

5 Likes

He’s Malik Willis with more of everything that made Malik Willis who he was as a prospect.

I would honestly projectile vomit if we took Anthony Richardson in the first round.

6 Likes

Not me. I wasn’t saying the same things. Other people might have. I was saying these things about Justin Fields in 2021. But wasn’t a Willis fan. Richardson is 6’4" 240 and probably runs a 4.4 with an absolute cannon arm and people think he can’t read the field but he can. Its a different situation than Willis IMO. Willis never threw like Richardson. Richardson has upper stratosphere traits like Josh Allen.

Long way to the draft though.

1 Like

Smarts, processing, are the more important tools. This guy has the tools that really aren’t that important for a QB to have. And he lacks the essential tools that all of the great QBs have, including guys like Josh Allen.

7 Likes

Only if we get pick 277

1 Like