Lions Radio: 'Right Now, It Looks Like Brad Holmes Hooked His Boys Up'

Sigh.

So, this is an objectively shit take, IMO, but interested in other opinions.

Why are they referring to the 32nd overall pick as “a second rounder”?

Have we now devolved to the point that numbers, logic, words and structure no longer mean anything? Does the 31st overall pick still count as a first rounder? What about the 25th pick? Where’s the line?

And I’m no fan of Goff but he’s eons ahead of Teddy Bridgewater.

6 Likes

Let’s see what happens with the picks.

Yeah that’s a stupid take mainly because you do not get a 5th year option on a second rounder.

It’s a first round pick and everyone expected it to be a late first when the trade was made. No shocker here

9 Likes

I get the trade. But the pressure is really mounting for Holmes and Co. to solve the QB issue.

1 Like

Yes. It’s all art form, impression, and moment when your goal is to monetize the public’s attention. Having said that, it’s all good.

Like most Super Bowl winners, good fortunate greased the Rams path, and so fans and talking heads get to crow like it was close to a sure thing.

1 Like

Not this year, maybe next if Goff flames out. They won’t touch a QB early this year unless Willis drops to #32. He won’t.

I don’t see any added pressure to what’s already there with Goff and the QB situation. Everyone knew this would be a huge offseason. Plus, they need to get more than their pick at #32 right…that’s for sure.

THE TAKE MACHINE MUST BE FED!

2 Likes

True. It won’t be too bad this offseason. That pick is looming larger now though. If we draft a so-so player with that pick or a bust QB the doubts and 2nd guessing will start.

1 Like

Yep, this is a shitty take. In the short run the Rams were always going to look like they came out ahead as long as the top Rams stayed healthy. That was always the gamble for me:
How long can Matt stay healthy?

The Lions so far gained a solid young CB in Iffy. A late 3rd rd. pick. Now, we get a player with a 5th year option OR these picks can be flipped for a veteran stud. No one knows how the picks will be used yet.

Holmes got assets and the Rams got a great starting QB who is 35. These assets likely will make the Lions younger and more talented.

Is anyone surprised the Rams look like winners now? I’m not.

But in three years…how will this trade look?

4 Likes

Really good because the Rams have a recent superbowl ring and worst case scenario they’re in a rebuild along with half of the league who don’t have a recent superbowl ring?

As for the Lions, rainbows and kittens and Big Natty’s endless and very welcome optimism aside, there’s a historically likely chance we’ll be at the start of another complete teardown with nothing to show for the draft picks or Jared Goff.

After Sunday’s win, I just don’t see how this could be seen as a bad trade:

“Yeah, I had a threesome with Emma Stone and Gal Godot but…” does not compute…

4 Likes

Man that song is cool! Thanks for posting that. My MC5 knowledge is not where it should be.

1 Like

Oh man…

Between the licks and blowing up a CIA facility… those guys were something else.

2 Likes

Heck yeah! I did see Wayne Kramer at The Detroit jazz fest a few years back… I think it was the jazz fest but could’ve been something else… anyway, it was a cool show and one of the highlights of the evening.

They remind me a bit of the Wipers, who I really like… but you inspired me to listen to more MC5… that’s required musical education

I only knew about them because Fender made a run of Stratocasters that looked like the guitar player’s in MC5, don’t even know his name.

3 Likes

I mean what else are they going to talk about?

1 Like

Kick out the jams brotha!

1 Like

That is such a cool Stratocaster… or FrankenStrat as they say in the guitar world… definitely one of the coolest guitars of all time

And yeah I remember when fender did that little run of them. Super cool axe!

No doubt, but remove the word “historically” and I’d identify that as a false statement, even without my Big-Natty mind meld kicking in. Might could happen, but likely?

confused jeff bridges GIF

Happy Big Lebowski GIF

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by Challenger

3 Likes

The negative take gets more attention
Hey, it’s even got a conspiracy angle!

Good radio!!

I couldn’t read thru that garbage article.
Glad I don’t listen to 97.1 anymore

4 Likes