Lions Radio: 'Right Now, It Looks Like Brad Holmes Hooked His Boys Up'

Those who forget history are doomed to draft Jordon Dizon early in the second round…

4 Likes

I wish I would have bought a bunch of them now. I think new they were like $800 and now they’re all over 2k.

2 Likes

It only looks like Holmes “hooked them up” because they won the Superbowl.
The Rams were by no-means were a lock to win the Superbowl, as many pointed out that they lost some players on defense, they had a 40 year old LT, their O-line as a whole wasn’t very good the previous year, Akers went down, Woods went down, the Cards were probably the best team in that division until Week 14, Stafford hit a 4 game slump, etc, etc.

To be honest, I’m still very surprised the Rams were able to pull-off a Superbowl victory. I mean, Cam Akers was their leading rusher in the Superbowl with 21 yards on 16 carries, they had no run game. They lost OBJ, they didn’t have their TE, they lost the turnover battle with Matt throwing 2 interceptions.
It really is quite remarkable they won. Credit Raheem Morris and that defense for stepping it up in the playoffs.

7 Likes

Correct

We were a bottom 3-4 franchise the last 3 years with top paid free agents, relatively high draft picks, and MATT STAFFORD- and without 58M in dead cap…

Basically we haven’t been a much different team with Stafford, than we were with him.

One could argue that if we had 40M to have spent on free agents vs dead cap last year, then we likely would have won 2-3 more games?

Bucs
Pitt
Wash
Denver
Saints
Cleveland
Panthers
Texans
Giants
Falcons
Ravens

• all teams currently in clearly worse shape at QB - guys who are way overpaid, or coming up on no mans land contract choices, or simply have nobody worth playing… that’s 11 teams. I’m not giving L Jax a 5 year 200M contract, never! 16 tds and 13 ints last year? Paying Matt Ryan 45M plus with nearly 50M dead cap!

49ers
Jets
Bears
Titans
Vikings
Raiders
Eagles
Colts
Dolphins
Jags

• Titans, Colts and Vikes are similar at QB level… others may have a better or cheaper answer, but may also be right back in line at the QB buffer in 2-3 years? Overpaid vets and young guys who haven’t shown much here. That’s another 10???

Chiefs
Bengals
Bills
Rams
Chargers
Packers
Seahawks
Cowboys
Patriots
Cardinals

• so we have 11 total teams that have “their guy” and their contract figured out? Or do they?? I’d say the Cards, Pack and Seahawks are to be continued?

Considering Eli and Nick Foles have as many rings as Rodgers, Mahomes, and Brees…. I’d say it’s more than the QB

Matt was 0-3 in playoffs here… 4-0 there? Was it him or the team?

2 Likes

Thats because run games are overrated in 2022.

I’m only kind of serious.

Yeah, the common argument for the Lions never winning anything with Stafford was that “he didn’t have a run game” and oh look…the Rams had one 100 yard rusher all season.
I think the X-factor for the Rams was Cooper Kupp, the dude was uncoverable when it was crunch-time. Of course, Matt getting the ball to Kupp quickly was key as well.

Still can’t see why we couldn’t at least win one f-ing playoff game with Matt here. The only thing I can come-up with as that our defense wasn’t ever good enough.

2 Likes

That’s I think it as moreso than anything else (though the offense had a few other things too, like some really talented #2 receivers and reliable TE play for most of the year).

Stafford could do his thing without the meteor hitting the dinosaurs certainty that the defense would fold.

The picks aren’t excusable, but you can get away with them a lot more if your defense can actually play ball.

1 Like

And as we know, that just wasnt true.

The 2014 defense and team was good enough to go to the Super Bowl. If we could’ve just beaten Matt Flynn we would’ve been the 1 seed, and would’ve walked in easily.

It just kills me that we were so close after being so far for so long.

And actually I thought you were going to disagree with me about the running game thing. 2022 is not 1980. You need to be able to throw the ball.

Stafford wanted out and this was the best offer he got. I am not seeing the problem here.

6 Likes

In all actuality, it was a problem of two ships passing in the night…

2014’s team defense could have won with a veteran Matt Stafford.

When Matt Stafford was ready to lead a team to a Super Bowl, the Lions had garbage around him.

Timing is everything.

3 Likes

Dude, guitar prices have skyrocketed it’s so crazy… I remember seeing that guitar in a shop in Ann Arbor that doesn’t exist anymore, and like you said, $800… could’ve bought them all up and made an easy few grand!

I remember when American made strats were $1000 at the most. Now you can’t find one for under $1500.

Maybe we should start a guitar thread…! :grin:

2 Likes

Stafford wanted to go to LA. Lions got a good deal for him and finally took care of one of their all time great players. Just don’t see the issue.

2 Likes

The Rams already have a win in this trade no doubt. But it can still be a win win trade. If Goff comes in next year and plays like he did at the end of the year there’s no reason he can’t . And if we hit on some good players with are picks , this trade can look very good for use too. There return came quick, ours needs time to see.

8 Likes

100%. We will know the true value and returns on this trade in 2-3 years. Until then… just wait and see

2 Likes

The thing about history is…It’s history. That shit is in the past and has nothing to do with these bad MF’rs (Bald MFr) running the show now.

10 wins bro!
Serious too.
Also…

new york city nyc GIF

2 Likes

10 for 2.

That was crazy then but in todays world that just seems insane to think your right could be strip away so easily.

2 Likes

Get Going Lets Go GIF

1 Like

LOL. Hilarious, man!

Exactly! Dude wanted out! We took the best deal. Article is sooo “out there.”

1 Like

100%. Yup. I think our bald guy is gonna do us proud!

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like