Lions Radio: 'Right Now, It Looks Like Brad Holmes Hooked His Boys Up'

If these cats take us to the SB (and I think they can), I’ll be posting a pic of myself in a Dan Campbell Lions Jersey with a Brad Holmes haircut!

1 Like

100 % disagree.

It’s very important to have a run game. It keeps defenses honest. Due to injuries the Rams run game was very sporadic but they supplemented it the same way NE used to. With a short passing attack.

You right. Without Kupp and his yards after the catch ability I don’t think they can pull that off.

Add in the fact that Stafford was amazing under pressure this year and defenses weren’t able to pin their ears back and get after the QB.

2 Likes

If they can take these extra draft picks and build the team into a nasty defense and consistent offense, always a tough team to play against similar to the Steelers, we’ll get to where we have to. I do believe if there was ever a couple of “right guys” for the job, it would be Holmes and Campbell. They just have a very good vibe about them.

1 Like

Shit’s about to hit the fan. Love it!
So ready to see what our guys can do next year.

1 Like

I think the real pressure is for Holmes to hit on those picks from the Rams. Miss on the Rams picks and that really shiftthe trade narrative

2 Likes

My buddy is ordained by the church of Dudism lol

The 14 D was missing Fairley and Tully. They still should have won. 12 yd punt, bs flag pick up, Dez runs out on the field no helmet, and Jerrys bus waiting for his refs.

The other huge problem was Caldwell and his conservatism. He got the lead and sat on it. Tried to run out the clock. Always hated that. Take a QB in rythm, and go conservative, hope he finds his rythm again if needed. He should have kept aggressive

Hilarious!

Exactly right. Refs won that game.

Agree. Rams made that mistake a couple of times this year, but I think they learned from it. When you have Matt…you attack! It’s his style, and you can trust him to win it for you. Keep the petal down/pressure on. Go get those MF’rz!

1 Like

Eh, perhaps amongst fans, but I doubt with ownership. Everyone signed on to this rebuild. If Goff doesn’t pan out this year then next draft will be the year they have to figure it out….provided they don’t mKe a move this year.

And to the OP’s post….Valenti is Valenti……lol.

3 Likes

That article linked is when you spend all your money on fancy graphics for a fan site and you have shit content.

In Texas they call that “All hat, no cattle”

2 Likes

Comedy Central Hat GIF by Alternatino with Arturo Castro

2 Likes

I have an MC5 tattoo. As a young man from Downriver MI playing guitar they were my heroes. My father in law was in a band with Wayne Kramer. Kick out The Jam’s Motherfuckers! The raw power was just electric.

3 Likes

I mean I agree that you need to have running plays in the playbook for every now and then, but like you say, it can also be supplemented with a screen and quick type passing game.

I just really like throwing the football and like to watch great passing games. Don’t mind my bad takes.

I’d be curious to go back and look at what they were saying when the trade was made. I’m guessing none of them expressed that sentiment.

The Rams also spent significant resources to get Von Miller and added Odell Beckham, neither of whom was with the Rams when the trade was made. Both made a big difference for the Rams playoff run.

1 Like

There was always a much greater chance that the Rams would win this trade. Any team that finds the final piece to Superbowl contention is likely to win the trade but what the hell else is Holmes supposed to do? His franchise QB requested a trade immediately after his hiring. That automatically put him in a no win situation so he made the best of it for the Lions while also making sure that Stafford had a soft landing spot after years/decades of the organization treating their players like garbage so good on Holmes for making a trade that could benefit all parties.

The Rams just happened to be one of few teams with the need, the willingness to give up enough draft capital along with an ideal bridge QB at worst and was a spot that would appease Stafford. He didn’t “hook his boys up”. Such a dumb article.
Kind of sick of talking about it already. It’s time for everybody to move on.

4 Likes

The Rams instantly became the favorite when they picked up Stafford. This was an obvious upgrade to the entire football community outside of a few Lions fans that were still clinging to their incorrect evaluation of Stafford.

So “right now” is what was predicted “right then”.

More radio fodder.

3 Likes

I had never heard of them, until just now. They have a little bit of a Ramones feel to them, IMO. I saw them in concert in a small auditorium at Ferris State University…Social Distortion opened for them. Pretty fun stuff.

1 Like

I just looked that concert up.
I think i started at Ferris in 93’.

2 Likes