Lions re-sign Nate Sudfeld

Well if I have all the facts correct then he is pretty smart guy. He has earned approximately $285,000 per live game snap he has taken, AND has avoided getting his body beat up. A few others may have done a little better but he is up there with the best of them.

Bryce Young is the QB i want if we go QB… i doubt he drops as far as #3… but i would rather trade up for Bryce than select anyone else at any other pick.

I dont want to draft a qb high… but Bryce is the one that would be worth the expense (again only if he fell to #3)

1 Like

If anything were going day 2 qb

Im a fan of DTR personally

1 Like

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

1 Like

Sudfeld should at least know the playbook now and Goff and him are buds, so that’s good for the locker room, gotta be drafting a QB to develop though based on what Holmes said in his end of year presser.

2 Likes

Just when I thought any SOLness was dead…they go and drag me back in with this fuckery. Hopefully I’m just over reacting and this isnt that big of a deal or part of their actual plan to backup Jared.

2 Likes

Good, now we dont need to worry about backup QB. Probably take a developmental guy rd 5.

1 Like

didn’t want to cough up the back up money people were getting…can’t blame him

Deal is worth just over $1 million for 1 year.

If true, im fine with that tbh

Better than tge chase daniel contract during the quinntricia years

Basically vet min. Could be easily cut in camp. He can’t be any worse than Tim Boyle right!? haha

4 Likes

I know he has a few fans in the organization and would not be surprised if they drafted him

Dorian Thompson Robinson

1 Like

I think it will be Sudfeld and a day 3 guy competing for the backup slot.

The mistake last year was rolling through camp with two guys who they had already seen enough of to know that they weren’t up to the job. The decision to move on from Boyle and Blough should have been made a lot sooner. I don’t know if Sudfeld is the answer, but it doesn’t cost a lot to have another look.

If there’s a choice between bringing back Chark or spending a similar amount on a higher quality backup QB like Bridgewater then I say bring back Chark every day of the week. Unless we luck out with a Purdy type pick the season is sunk it Goff gets injured anyway.

1 Like

I’m ok with this. I don’t think you should tie up much in your backup QB. Normally if your starter goes down, you’re screwed anyways

2 Likes

I’d rather go with our Nate.

2 Likes

I know I am making a ton of leaps hear but to me this points to the Lions drafting Hendon Hooker. The reason I say that is you sign Nate Sudfeld to be here during the preseason and as an early season backup incase HH is not ready week one. To me it makes a ton of sense as NS knows the system/playbook won’t need a ton of preseason reps if HH is ahead of schedule and can be the clip board holder.

Why would this point to them drafting Hooker? Or anyone?

Rookie isn’t going to be ready week one no matter who it is.

1 Like

Harsh

2 Likes

I will be honest, I don’t get this. Literally was talking to a friend who talked about how stupid Bob Quinn had been signing Chase Daniel directly before the draft and how that all but signaled to the rest of the NFL the the lions were not taking a qb…Nate sudfeld can’t be the guy…I was thinking they would wait till after the draft and grab maybe a vet who has been cut…like a tribs or a wentz maybe…but this??? :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

One big reason why this points to a rookie (I think Hendon Hooker) is if you bring in a backup that doesn’t know the playbook and need reps, that backup will take time away from a rookie who needs the same.

4 Likes