Lions Select Cornerback

I like the Jets chance of improving.
To me, we’re in a group that includes Jacksonville and Atlanta, and should also include Houston.
We’ll finish, IMO, somewhere between 29th and 32nd.

1 Like

I think you’ll like Malik Willis’s tape. You and I seem to be modern, mobile QB guys. This guy has all the tools to be exactly what we want. He runs like a deer and this is his arm.

World War Ii Vintage GIF by US National Archives

1 Like

I really like this coaching staff and I think we will get a handful of wins through sheer perseverance but given the lack of talent and injuries I can’t see us picking outside the top five. I’d think top 3 is more likely.

2 Likes

I just think '21 Goff is >>>> '21 Z. Wilson

You mean like John Elway?

I’ll agree that there’s more of an emphasis put on it, but mobility has always been a trait you look/hope for in a QB.

I think we’ll pick behind Houston, Jax for sure and I think there is a strong likelihood that three of NYJ, PHI, ATL, MIA and maybe even PITT or CHI. We shall see.

If we can get back to a decent degree of health I think we can string together some wins.

For me? Yeah, totally. For some others here, and you know who you are, for example, Justin Fields isn’t a good quarterback because he runs the ball too much.

1 Like

and don’t forget about safety and wr

1 Like

I wouldn’t argue about gunning for D. Watson.

The modern QB has “mobility plus”, i.e. the ability to pick up first downs running, not just elude pass rushers.

Brady is a dying breed. He’s in a class of one. Rodgers is the ideal QB, high IQ with a strong arm, but can take off and knows when to do so. He can turn shit into shinola on the regular.

I think the Lions should invest in a kid like Malik.

1 Like

I’m usually a defense-first, defense-most guy.

But if the Lions are drafting at 1 or 2 or 3, you better be drafting Lawrence Taylor or Deion Sanders or Reggie White if you’re taking a defender up that high. Not Jeff Okudah types.

The Lions need to take one of the top college QBs in one of these drafts where they pick near the top, because the lower-round ones usually don’t amount to anything. And their need at WR is obvious to anyone with eyes.

2 Likes

You’re right and I think you’ve stated it very well there.

Unless it’s a REALLY ELITE player like Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, Jeff Okudah, etc.

FIRST BALLOT GAME CHANGERS.

1 Like

A Julius Peppers, Chase Young, Von Miller, Khalil Mack type ain’t bad for a player there, but a safety or corner, you sure better get that type of player there. Okudah is a prime example of Lions at their finest.

Right now the Mike Williams draft pick is looking much sounder than Okudah at 3.

I think we’ll have a chance to redeem ourselves this year with a top 3 pick. We’ll pair that with a mountain of cap and hopefully don’t sign a bunch of Rams/Saints castoffs as seems to be the hip trend in free agency for coaches previous jobs

WR stud with the first pick, then LB, CB in the 2nd, then another WR in the 3rd, and build the D from there on.

My point in my post above was…why even try? If you want a top shelf corner, just go trade for him or pick him up in free agency.

Sure is fun watching Ramsey. Also LOVED Dre Bly. Chanlder the Safety that played for the Seatle SB teams - loved that dude.

…but not as much as Lynch. :wink:

I think one guy that has a shot to be in play in the top ten for us is Drake London. If he runs 4.5 flat or thereabout that is. That guy screams Mike Evans.

Got it, yeah, I agree don’t try for a corner unless that’s one ridiculously skilled human let alone corner. No bone fits that this year.

I’m just bitter at the current state of our defense after all the resources that were spent on it. It’s a huge joke IMO and drafting another corner I’m the top 5 seems like absolute horseshit talk.

We’re picking top 5 for sure. Hearing injuries piling up is enough for me to wonder if we get a win. Many names that were relevant to our mediocrity have been mauled by the injury bug…. Got to wonder what is the point of trying to bring someone back early, like Ragnow and his turfy twinkly toes as the losses pile up.