Lions Select Cornerback

Stingley is that talented. It’s just that you’ll be two plus years away from when he exhibited proof of that rare talent.

I’m saying don’t take a corner that high…period. Start naming the best corners of the last 10-20 years. Now note how many of them changed teams in their prime, or were available but stayed. Its alot. Even Deion and Woodson who were named earlier are part of that list.

The safety is intriguing given his skill set. But I sincerely hope we don’t draft a CB in the top ten. And I expect we will have a top five pick

2 Likes

See I think WR is the last position you add. Build the defense, get some good WRs for sure, but guys in the 2nd-6th round and then add your splash WR last, a la Randy moss with the salary cap space you have. But before that just develop the D, add to the RB arsenal and get a good core of WR then add that one guy who can take it over the top. Oh and of course a QB.

I think you can win without a superstar WR but a super WR can give you that extra bump when you need it. And as @wesleysh21 said, CB is another position you can sign in FA.

Just my opinion of course, and also with all the draft picks we have coming up I would not be surprised or upset if a legit WR was in that group. We just have so many holes…

1 Like

Safety I feel is another position you can get later or in FA. If you are picking in the top 3-5, you take a QB, DL or LT. As a caveat, if a “generational” talent isn’t there, then you either trade down or go outside the box for a CB or something… it’s going to be a very exciting draft season!!!

1 Like

Safety is an emotional state that you can experience more growth from.
The more safe you feel with the chaos, the more you can navigate chaos/change/growth in peace.
Peace is our highest priority. Only from a state of peace can we see clearly. Only with clear sight can we make good decisions.

Now we can fully understand the importance of safety!

2 Likes

He is not going to be good not because he runs to much …he is slow to make his reads an not just the D but his order of his reads…Now he might work out ok but i doubt it he is slow processing what he see’s so he runs more than is needed.